2000 point ogre list!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point ogre list!!!

Well, I'm following the pretty standard ogre army outline here, but hey they are all a little different.

Lord:

Tyrant: 311
    (HA, Tenderizer, Gut Maw, Wyrdstone necklace, luck gnoblar)

Heroes:

Bruiser: 214
    (BSB, HA, Greatskull, Talisman of protection, luck gnoblar)

Butcher #1: 180
    (Bangstick, Dispel scroll)

Butcher #2: 180
    (Bloodcleaver, Halfling cookbook)

Core:

x3 naked bulls: 115
    (bellower)

x4 Ironguts: 222 <Tyrant and Bruiser here>
    (bellower, standard bearer)

x3 Ironguts: 154 <butcher #1>
    (bellower)

x4 Ironguts: 202 <butcher #2>
    (bellower)

x8 gnoblar trappers: 48

Special:

x2 leadbelchers: 110

x2 leadbelchers: 110

Rare:

x1 gorger: 75

x1 gorger: 75

Total: 1996

This list uses MSU and minimum bulls. The unit of 4 Guts with the two fighty characters is a sort of mini "deathstar" with good protection from magic by the greatskull. It will be directly behind the bulls to counter charge after a bait, or aid if I decide to charge.The belchers will be on opposite flanks of eachother and the trappers and gorgers will do their thing up field.

So how do you guys like the list?

P.S.

for 2250 I plan to add some yhettees, but I'm not sure what to do for just 1000 point games that would eventually build up to this list. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay double posting! I see we've got a bunch of lazy ogres here that don't want to share their advice.

Anyway, I've decided to change the list up a little. I'm going to give my bruiser 3 thiefstones and dump his previous magic items. I'm also throwing out butcher #2 items and kitting him out with siegebreaker and skullmantle.

One change I need opinions on (which seem to be in short supply lately ) is dropping one of the units of 4 guts and adding 3 yhetees. I think this would give my list more mobility, which ogres greatly lack.

So, come on everyone lets band together and make me one real good list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

For Butcher 2, I'd drop the Bloodcleaver for another Scroll.

The next thing I think you should do is beef up that 3-strong 'Guts unit to four. This will enable you to take a few wounds and still get off a decent charge.

You can do this by dropping one of the Leadbelchers, and shifting the survivor into the other unit. This should give you the points to shove in another Trapper too. Effectively, you can use the bigger unit of Leadbelchers to guard one flank, with the Bulls to hold the other.

If you really want the Yhettees, I'd say go for it, as to my mind they're the kind of unit that you use and love, or they just don't fit in your list. Your call here.

+ Reply to Thread