1000 friendly competitive casual - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

1000 friendly competitive casual

L&H 328
    Bruiser
    Great Weapon

GreatSkull

Butcher
    Halfling Cookbook

Core: 317

Ironguts 3
    - Bellower

Bulls 3
    - Bellower

24 gnoblar

Special: 220

Leadbelchers 2

Leadbelchers 2

Rare: 75
    Gorger 75

940 points

Hey I'm brand new to OK and am thinking of starting the army. I already purchased the codex and a box of bulls a few years ago but fell out of WHFB shortly after, the army never got passed 6 bulls. This looks like a good list (of course i could be wrong) and need lots of help.
    How should i Distribute my characters? Both in the iron gut squad? one in the Bulls one in Irongut?
    I assume i should screen my ogres with my Gnoblars? I noticed this will lower the ogres movement to 4 is it worth it?
    Did i equip my characters with the proper magic equipment?
    I just gave up on my Dogs of War army, so I need a list that can redeem my many losses over the past few weeks, can this list help me out? I play in a competitive casual setting (with friends but winning is the goal)
    I purchased Golfag's ogres a few years ago, is their a good way to incorperate them into the army? as proxy or RoR?
    I left 60 points to play around with, what should i spend them on?
    Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Im debating either OK armies or Vampire Counts

"Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

List looks standard to me from a battalion. Personally i'd swap halfling cookbook for bangstick and i'd drop a unit of belchers and try to squeeze in another 3 ironguts or 3 bulls if those are the models you have left (i don't like the idea of my units blowing themselves up in small points!). If you find points left over maybe take a dispell scroll and i would rework your bruiser to have some upgraded armour and maybe change his items, if you want pewpew maybe a tenderiser or i'd maybe run a wyrdstone necklace and gutmaw for some defence (not too sure on a good build at 1k).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your list looks fine and competive altough 4 leadbelchers is a little risky and ironguts are more threatening in 1k(IMO).
    If you're going for a win I'd choose walking undead cheese like vampire counts, but to have more fun I'd choose ogre's (I just don't like the way the VC are built and I hate to play ultimate cheese list cause ogres don't have any WORKING weapons against them).
    It's your choice though, hope to see you joining the great maw soon!
    Last edited by war of fantasy; July 12th, 2009 at 11:31.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

L&H 343
    Bruiser:
    Great Weapon

2 Gnoblar Thiefstones
    Wyrdstone Necklace

Butcher:
    Halfling Cookbook

Core: 480
    Ironguts (4):
    - Bellower

Bulls (3):
    - Bellower

Bulls (3):
    - Bellower

24 gnoblar

Special: 110

Leadbelchers (2):

Rare: 75
    Gorger

Thanks for the help so far! These are the revisions I made:
    I will be facing Dark Elves, Goblins, and Vampire Counts so Magic is a concern to me. thats why I gave 2 thiefstones to the Bruiser (I assume I should put the bruiser and the butcher in the Irongut unit?) this way i can have the most expensive units of my army defended magically at all times.
    The amount of protection a 5+ ward save can provide is dubious in my mind, but that feeling just may be left over from my 40k days.
    I added another Irongut to increase the survivability of the unit, i can't afford another box of guts, so for now 1 unit will have to do, for now =/
    An additonal unit of bulls should hold up the flanks.
    I dropped a unit of leadbelchers. After rereading the rules they did seem risky.
    I kept the CookBook because I plan to be spending my magic phase buffing all my units. Ill try the bangstick in the future.
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

looks ok i'd give it a go then modify it as you see fit.

+ Reply to Thread