starting ogres, need help wit 2250 list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

37 (x2)

starting ogres, need help wit 2250 list

I have been told by several veteran players that ogre kingdoms is by far the worst army in the game. I took their word for it before i started the orcs and goblins. although the orks and goblins are good, they fail miserably against anything scary that charges them. I was thinking that there was no way an ogre could be considerably worse than that, and decided to look at the army book.

I am so completely sold on this. Horrendous numbers of attacks per guy, tons of wounds, and they are fast. then the magic is ridiculously good. Tyrants are amazing character killers.
    you get a guy that appears behind enemy lines and destroys everything for really really cheap. you get a chariot with a stone thrower on top of it. when i read the leadbelchers section i pooped a brick. they are more brutal that lootas in 40k

so i have decided to pick up an army from someone, and this is my thoughts on a 2250 (standard game size in my store) list. I just want to know if this seems like a viable army to rock out with to you guys who have been pushing fat guys around on a table for a while.

Heros 841
    Tyrant - Character killer, General
    Gut Maw
    Spangleshard (lol, wut?)

Butcher - wizards that don't die? sign me up!
    Blood Cleaver
    dispell scroll

Butcher - supports leadbelchers
    dispell scroll

Butcher - scroll caddy
    Dispell scroll
    Dispell scroll

Core 871
    5 Bulls - Not bad for a mandatory unit
    Armor, Iron fist

4 ironguts - Death.
    4 ironguts
    4 ironguts

20 Gnoblars - combat res for emergencies

Special 385
    2 Leadbelchers - gunners, pretty much ran as 1 squad
    2 Leadbelchers - 1 fires, the other reloads

Scraplauncha - Mobile firing platform that can kill you?

Rare 150
    Gorger - Look really cool and wreck havok behind enemy lines

240 points of magical crap

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

12 (x1)

I was just in my first tournament playing ogres, and everyone would mention how bad ogres were (most of the time was when I got massacred twice ) Fear is a very nice thing to have army wide, for it saved me a few times when being charged and when charging.

So starting with your tyrant, I say he looks very solid. (just make sure to get him into combat with other characters!)

Butcher #1 I am not a fan of the cleaver, for butchers are just t5 bulls. I would say to replace with the rock eye.

Butcher #2 Beautiful!

Butcher #3 Awesome!

Bulls. I am not sure why you want 5!

Iron Guts: Bellowers are handy I will give you that! But are 4 really that much better then 3?

Scrapalauncher: I am really wanting one of these!

Leadbelchers: These things are wonderful, they keep people thinking twice before charging.

Gorgers: These things are great, yet I cant decide if I want one of two in my army.
    In my first tournament game they took out a bolt thrower. Second game thanks to the scenario causing stupidity for a turn, they were able to killing blow a skaven BSB in the back of a unit. Third game my army was basically dead before they even came on the board. Fourth game we got to switch armies (I played beast men) my opponent took back a banner and destroyed a unit in the final turn, though he still got a major loss D:. The final game they both destroyed a great cannon and helped kill a unit of outriders.

+ Reply to Thread