1250 point Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1250 point Friendly

Greetings,

I was working on a Tomb Kings list but due to already having some models for an Ogre army, wife has decided I need to focus on an Ogre Kingdoms army instead. As such, for your comments and suggestions, I am posting this starting 1250 point list. I am going to go 500 point blocks from here on to increase my army twice, up to the 2250 points normally used for tournaments.

The Undivided Gut Tribe

Bruiser with Siegebreaker and Wyrdstone Necklace
    Butcher with Skullmantle and Dispel Scroll

Bulls x3 (naked)
    Bulls x3 (naked)
    Ironguts x3 (naked)
    Ironguts x3 (naked)
    Gnoblar Fighters x24 with Groinbiter
    Gnoblar Fighters x20 with Groinbiter

Leadbelchers x2
    Leadbelchers x2

Gorger

This list is mainly made with the stuff from the battalion box to start with. Fluff is that they have started mutating and worshiping, through different aspects of the great maw, the 4 Chaos Gods. Will right a better fluff piece soon.

The sands of time consume all in the end. Beware, for we, the Kings of Nehekhara, are those sands made flesh.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Decent looking list
    changes I would make though
    I'd drop the skullmantle on the butcher and give him a bangstick. I'd add bellowers to the bulls and ironguts units and i'd swap 1 unit of gnobblar fights for a unit of 9 trappers. If points are needed for these changes i'd drop the dispell scroll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, taking the suggestions into account, I was able to add Bellowers to the Ironguts by dropping the scroll. however, the other two bellowers would put me 17 points over. So the bulls are still naked. Here is an updated list. If the Bellowers for the Bulls are really important, I can always drop the Wyrdstone for now.

The Undivided Gut Tribe

Bruiser with Siegebreaker and Wyrdstone Necklace
    Butcher with Bangstick

Bulls x3 (naked)
    Bulls x3 (naked)
    Ironguts x3 with Bellower
    Ironguts x3 with Bellower
    Gnoblar Fighters x20 with Groinbiter
    Gnoblar Trappers x8

Leadbelchers x2
    Leadbelchers x2

Gorger
    Last edited by Disciple_of_Anubis; September 16th, 2009 at 01:07.
    The sands of time consume all in the end. Beware, for we, the Kings of Nehekhara, are those sands made flesh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Id suggest dropping 1 of your leadbelchers and making them a unit of 3. then you can get your scroll back and likely pick up bellowers for each unit, the latter being priority #1.

at that size of a game, 3 leadbelchers will be all you need to wreck a unit before you charge it the turn after. however, being a small ld army, you will need musicians in each squad asap, except for possibly the ironguts, since they already have higher leadership.

also, you may concider being a jerk and running the tenderizer. killing off people's generals in one challege is game breaking at lower point levels.

+ Reply to Thread