Ogre Kingdoms 2250pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Ogre Kingdoms 2250pt list

Lords

Tyrant

Heavy Armor

Great Weapon

Kineater

Gut Maw

Gnoblar Thiefstone

Gnoblar Thiefstone

Luck Gnoblar

Sword Gnoblar

Sword Gnoblar

Heroes

Hunter

Sabertusk

Sabertusk

Beastkiller

Greyback Pelt

Butcher

Bloodcleaver

Dispel Scroll

Tooth Gnoblar

Tooth Gnoblar

Luck Gnoblar

Butcher

Bangstick

Halfling Cookbook

Tooth Gnoblar

Tooth Gnoblar

Core

Bulls x3

Bulls x3

Ironguts x6

Gutlord

Bellower

Standard Bearer

Lookout-Gnoblar

Bull Standard

Gnoblar Trappers x10

Snarefinger

Gnoblar Trappers x10

Snarefinger

Special

Leadbelchers x2

Leadbelchers x2

Leadbelchers x2

Rare

Maneaters x3

Heavy Armor

Brace of Handguns

Great Weapon

Canthayah Longsword

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some thoughts...

Time for the 2250 critique:

Lords

Tyrant Heavy Armor, Great Weapon, Kineater, Gut Maw, Gnoblar Thiefstonex2, Luck Gnoblar, Sword Gnoblarx2

This Tyrant seems interesting. I've never really used Thiefstones myself, because I've always used up my points on other items, but he should be good. Now ideally, I would think to maximize this Tyrant's Kineater, you would want to take MSU so that you could do a lot of baiting and fleeing. But if you're planning on putting him in the big Irongut unit, then this will help make them reliable.

Heroes

Hunter Sabertuskx2, Beastkiller, Greyback Pelt

Hunters can be hard to use from a points efficiency standpoint, but this combo is good. The Immune to psych is the key for Beastkiller IMO. Just be careful that you remember his strength is only 5.

Butcher Bloodcleaver, Dispel Scroll, Tooth Gnoblarx2, Luck Gnoblar

I'll say this for the first butcher, I'm not a fan of Tooth Gnobs; points that could better be spent towards another bull or more regular gnoblars. Also, the Luck Gnob. can't be used in this combo (needs a ward save-but I've said this in the 1k list you have ).

Butcher Bangstick, Halfling Cookbook, Tooth Gnoblarx2

So this Butcher is illegal (2 arcanes) but, if you liked both items you could spread them out. It's up to you how you want to remix. I would think a Bloodcleaver/Cookbook Butcher could be very tough to kill.

Core

Bulls x3

Bulls x3

Good bait units; give them bellowers. Don't expect them to win too many fights on their own, except against T3 missile units or detachment types.

Ironguts x6 Gutlord, Bellower, Standard Bearer, Lookout-Gnoblar, Bull Standard

I assume Tyrant and at least one butcher will go here? Drop the Gutlord, too points innefficient. I'm not a fan of the Bull Standard, I like the Rune maw banner comboed with gnoblars hanging out behind the unit. 2 reasons: 1) Nobody will cast hardly any spells at the unit if they know it'll just bounce to gnoblars, 2) If you're opponent has low or no magic, then the gnoblar unit can go off and do something else. Now your Tyrant with MR2 probably gives your opponents the same 'think twice' effect, so I think this could work for you.

Gnoblar Trappers x10 Snarefinger

Gnoblar Trappers x10 Snarefinger

Seems like too many trappers to make use of scout. Now if you are expecting them to hangout near the hunter then this could work pretty good. I'd say drop them to 9's and drop the Snarefinger's. I've never been a fan of missile unit champs, but then again, I don't like splitting up my dice for rolling purposes, I always seem to come worse off. Statistically it shouldn't work that way, but sometimes you have to make choices based on the way your own dice seem to roll in certain situations.

Special

Leadbelchers x2

Leadbelchers x2

Leadbelchers x2

Lots of LB's. If you really want to make them a threat, play 2 units of 3 and give them the champ and the bellower. Great flank protectors. I've given reasons why you should take champs for LB's in your 1k list, and the same applies here.

Rare

Maneaters x3 Heavy Armor, Brace of Handgunsx1, Great Weaponx1, Cathayan Longswordx1

For me, Maneaters need to be focused. I would say pick either the CLS or the BoH and have all 3 armed that way. The only variance should be maybe giving 1 a great weapon instead. I am a HUGE fan of the BoH. It gives the unit a lot of flexibility while making the Maneaters killing machines in CC (5 A's each at str 5!)

Hope this helps!

+ Reply to Thread