<1000 Splatikus: Bloody Sandwiches (1500) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Splatikus: Bloody Sandwiches (1500)

For a while now, I've been trying to decide on a build list for my Ogre army.
    I think I've come up with something that will be a good starting point. Based on the Battalion, this list hopefully will be both viable in and of itself, and a decent core for a larger army (eventually).

When I was trying to come up with a theme for the army, Sparticus came on tv. What can I say? I went for it. It should provide some half decent conversions, and would explain my lack of basing ability. One of the conversions I'm considering is building my own ironfists with shields from my bitzbox (since they are essentially just bladed shields anyway).

Splatikus and Crushix will lead the experienced IronGuts into the battle, while DocMaw/OnoMaws guides the Bulls into combat. Barker and AshMaw will do what they do...hopefully when I need them to.

1500pts Splatikus: Bloody Sandwiches - Ogre Kingdoms Army List

Splatikus the Thrashin' (Tyrant) @ 326pts
    Cathayan Longsword; Heavy Armour; Trickster's Helm; Dawnstone; The Other Trickster's Shard; Mawseeker; Sword Gnoblars x2

Crushix the Mawl (Bruiser) @ 217pts
    Battle Standard Bearer; Cathayan Longsword; Heavy Armour; Gutmaw; Seed of Rebirth; Mawseeker

DocMaw/OnoMaws (Butcher) @ 155pts
    Ruby Ring of Ruin

4x Ironguts @ 247pts
    Bellower; Standard Bearer; Runemaw; Lookout Gnoblar

5x Bulls @ 235pts
    Bellower; Standard Bearer; Ironfist; Lookout Gnoblar

30x Gnoblar Fighters

2x Leadbelchers

Barker & AshMaw (2x Gorger)

Total Army Cost: 1500
    Models in Army: 46

Lord: 21.7%
    Hero: 24.8%
    Core: 36.2%
    Spec: 7.3%
    Rare: 10.0%

What do you think? Will it work?

Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

I thought Battle Standard Bearers couldn't have any extra equipment?

Your Tyrant looks like it might be spending a little too much on defense. You need to do damage as well, and the cathayan longsword doesn't help him that much. I'd give him a 30-50 points magical weapon instead, or at least a great weapon. The armor of silvered steel and dawn stone will give you a re-rollable 2+ armor save. That should be enough and will give you 30 points for a siegebreaker or a sword of striking (hitting on 2's is nice).

A dispel scroll or hellheart would probably be nicer than the ruby ring.

Finally, you don't have many bodies in the army. I'd consider possibly doing some of the following: giving your Tyrant less magic items, cutting out the BSB, cutting out the leadbelchers, or changing the ironguts into bulls, and use the points to add more bulls/ironguts to the list. Preferably, I'd stick with 2 units as you have now, but make them larger in size.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread