<3000 3000pts Storm of Magic army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

3000pts Storm of Magic army.

In January I hope to be attending the Shadows over Albion Storm of Magic campaign weekend and I've decided to muster my Ogres for this one. Below is the army I am going to be very likely taking for it.

The Ironstone Tribe

Slaughtermaster - Handweapon, Additional handweapon, Staff of Channeling, Extra level. (Lore of the Great Maw) 317pts

Firebelly - Greatweapon, Rock-Eye, Extra level. (Lore of Fire) 169pts

Bruiser - Handweapon, Additional handweapon, Heavy armour, Dragonhelm, The Other Tricksters Shard, Giantbreaker. 162pts

8 Ogres - Handweapons, Ironfists, Light armour, Full command. 286pts

8 Ogres - Handweapons, Ironfists, Light armour, Full command. 286pts

8 Ironguts - Greatweapons, Heavy armour, Full command, Standard of Discipline. 389pts

4 Leadbelchers - Handweapons, Leadbelcher guns, Light armour, Thunderfist and Bellower. 192pts

4 Mournfang Cavalry - Handweapons, Ironfists, Heavy armour, Ride mournfangs, Full command, Dragonhide banner. 360pts

Stonehorn - Harpoon launcher. 250pts

2396pts

The Pact of Aeric

Truthsayer - Handweapon, Staff of Light, Triskelle, Extra level. (Lore of Life) 245pts

Manticore - Iron hard skin. 175pts

Manticore - Bloodrage. 180pts

600pts

Total 2996pts

The main idea is that the slaughtermaster and the truthsayer get to their arcane fulcrums as quickly as possible and begin casting augment spells on the rest of the army. The bruiser and the firebelly will advance with the ogres and head towards an enemy arcane fulcrum and knock the existing occupant off by whatever means necessary with the firebelly seizing the fulcrum once he does so. The mournfangs, stonehorn and manticores will charge the enemy units or monsters. An unsubtle army but it is quite effective.

JvK

Last edited by Jared van Kell; October 17th, 2011 at 00:29.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

+ Reply to Thread