Played several games (roughly 15) with the new Ogres book, tweaking and altering a list I posted here not so long ago; finding out what works and what doesn't seem to work; optimal character builds; unit sizes.

Taking all things into account I have emerged with the following list. You may frown at the fact that the SM is completely naked but he has only ever died a miscast; Maw Magic is a wondrous thing for the healing attribute alone. Furthermore, seeing first hand the destructive potential (both in shooting and in combat) of larger units of Leadbelchers accompanied by a Firebelly, it's been working wonders for me. Firebellies really are a golden addition to the OK.

Should Hellheart be banned (which quite frankly would be ridiculous considering the Magic phase does need to be nullified at times) then I'll pop a Dispel Scroll on the 'Belly, take off the 'Belchers musician and put Crown of Command on my SM.

I think I've hit the nail on the head with this you?

Level 4 Slaughtermaster - Level 4 Upgrade, Lore of the Great Maw (joins Ironguts)

Bruiser - BSB Upgrade, Heavy Armour, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation (joins Ogres)

Level 1 Firebelly - Additional Hand Weapon, Hellheart (joins Leadbelchers to add punch).

10 Gnoblars - Trappers (deployed 10x1 to act as a dragnet on one flank)

7 Ironguts - SB, Musician, Banner of Discipline, Lookout Gnoblar (deployed in 4x2).

7 Ogres - SB, Musician, Lookout Gnoblar (deployed in 4x2).

7 Leadbelchers - Musician

4 Mournfang Cavalry - SB, Musician, Heavy Armour, Ironfists

4 Mournfang Cavalry - SB, Musician, Heavy Armour, Ironfists

1 Sabretusk

1 Sabretusk

1 Ironblaster

TOTAL - 2399pts.