500 pts. Maybe?!? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 pts. Maybe?!?

I know a lot of people think that a 500pt OK army is stupid (pointless however you want to put it) but I think I may have come up with something feasibly competitive. So let me know what you think.

Bruiser
    Sword Gnoblar
    heavy armor
    wyrdstone necklace
    great weapon

Unit (3) bulls
    ironfists
    light armor

Unit (20) Gnoblars

Unit (3) Ironguts
    Standard Bearer
    lead by Bruiser

Well, I realize the size is fairly small but you'll just have to let me know what you think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

firstly are you playing warbands? or perhaps boarder princes? because if the former, then you should not take the bruiser, and use an irongut champ as ur general instead, since he has an extra ld. also i would take ur bulls "naked with club" i have found this configuration to be much better than ironfists or double handweapon at low points lvl, because you really need all the models you can get, especially since you are playing ogres. i have also found that leadbelchers are extremely powerful, especially since they can be fielded by themselves in warbands; if you are playing with those rules, you should get some for sure because you freed up some points with the dropping of the bull. i hope i helped, and good luck with your gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really just starting to look into the warbands rules and have a question regarding them. If you are playing warbands do you get to avoid having to field a hero for the general? I mean could I just upgrade one of the ironguts to a champion and do that? That would free up a lot more room for probably a larger unit of bulls or ironguts and maybe even some more gnoblars. Thank you very much for you comments by the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, thats what is great about warbands, you dont need a hero to be your general, so since the irongut champ has extra leadership i would suggest using him.

TJK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

I don't think ogres can be done at under 1000pts effectivly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have had sucess at 750 points, but generally no lower. i dont really think it is possible below there, but 750 can be done i think (either that or its just my mad skillz ). But really i do think that if ur carful u could even get away with 500 points, it just might be hard.

TJK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

yeah the amount of "Core Gamers" that have asked me for a 500pts game when they knew I had my Ogres

+ Reply to Thread