1005 pts OK - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1005 pts OK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1005 pts OK

EDIT: Some point totals removed to respect GW copyright. ~DavidVC04

Well my friends are very lenient on the points fact, so going over 5 to 10 we can.

Bruiser
    -heavy armor
    -Cathayan longsword
    -handguns
    (154)

Bulls (8x)
    -handweapons & ironfists
    -crusher
    (340)

Bulls (8x)
    -handweapons & ironfists
    -crusher
    (340)

Gnoblar Fighters (24x)

Gnoblar Fighters (24x)

Gorger
    ------------------------
    I know only having 1 gorger is bad because it can turn up randomly, but I am willing to take that chance. I also pact the bulls high because i expect my friends to use alot of range or calvery. Plus this is my first list, so I know it has some real issues. Ohwell! Take a stab at it! (will post a 3000 pts list soon)

Last edited by DavidWC09; October 21st, 2006 at 06:23.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Loki
    I insert Harlie tidbits into every post. Phear the sage advice of the killer clowns from outer space

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a reason you have such large units of bulls? Because you do remember the new edition rules making ranks 5 wide, not 4. So are they there just to increase the strength of the bull charge, or take casualties from magic and shooting and still have a full front on the charge?

I might also suggest dropping 4 bulls from one of the units and taking an equiped butcher. You have nothing to deal with magic, and a butcher can still deal it out in combat (compared to almost any mage) and your magic defense would definitely help against any other army with a mage. With just one offensive spell, an opposing force could easily take out 4+ ogres in your present force. I think a butcher would be worth the loss in numbers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Joker_Of_Hearts

Bruiser-heavy armor-Cathayan longsword-handguns (154)

Bulls (8x)-handweapons & ironfists-crusher (340)
    Bulls (8x)-handweapons & ironfists-crusher(340)

Gnoblar Fighters (24x)
    Gnoblar Fighters (24x)

Gorger
    ------------------------
    I know only having 1 gorger is bad because it can turn up randomly, but I am willing to take that chance. I also pact the bulls high because i expect my friends to use alot of range or calvery. Plus this is my first list, so I know it has some real issues. Ohwell! Take a stab at it! (will post a 3000 pts list soon)
    I agree with untitledmike (who I think has one of the best usernames) that you should reduce the size of the bull units and take a butcher. Four power dice that cast on a 3+ are pretty valuable, and you have a tad more defense.

The army lacks versatility. Drop the crushers, too. If you whittle down the bull units to four each, you save 340 pts, which will add a lot to your army. Take a butcher for 180 and you've still got 160 pts for something else.

Just like your retirement portfolio, diversity is the key.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brand new list...

Yeah, so I played my friend with a brand new list, since this one had many flaws... and this is what i played with. (I won BTW, but I don't see the significance in 3 ogre bulls for they got shot and ran away basically...)

Bruiser
    -Cathayan Longsword
    -2 Sword Gnoblars
    -Heavy Armor
    -Spangleshard
    *\182/*

Butcher
    -Bloodcleaver
    -Halfling Cookbook
    *\180/*

Bulls (3x)
    -Light Armor
    -Ironfist + Hand weaps
    -Standard Bearer
    -Crusher
    *\169/*

Bulls (3x)
    -Light Armor
    -Ironfist + Hand weaps
    -Standard Bearer
    -Crusher
    *\169/*

Gnoblar Fighters (24x)

Gnoblar Fighters (24x)

Leadbelchers (4x)

=======Points=========

worked ok.
    I insert Harlie tidbits into every post. Phear the sage advice of the killer clowns from outer space

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

So did you toss your butcher into combat? The guy at our store who plays OK tends to hang his back but will let him fight if the occasion rises.

How did the gnoblars do? I haven't played many games with my OK, so I'm curious about other peoples' experiences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, one gnoblar squad ran away after taking a Fireball attack from one of his mages. The other helped in CC with the ranks... hard to manuever around them though because i set them up with 8 long and 3 wide. (First time I used them as well.)

I saved my butcher. I held him back and let his magic work, never got to CC. I worried that he couldn't do magic and move so he just walked forward, then he did his magic and stayed there... made his squad of pikeman with my friends paymaster run away, with another squad of archers run with this brain gobler. (I think). Worked out fine.

Leadbelchers dominate BTW. I ran them up their... shot their cannons (none misfired) and they blew a whole squad away... it was freaking amazing. I need to field more of these for my friends will now target them if they see them again. Total Annihilation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Yeah, gotta love those leadbelchers. Having what amounts to a move-and-shoot war machine is just nasty.

+ Reply to Thread