First ever OK list 1k pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First ever OK list 1k pts

This is my first OK list and first Fantasy list so excuse me if the thinking is off along with the strategy. I am a hardcore 40k player so its a major switch for me. But here is what I am thinking for my fist army.

Hero
    --------
    Bruiser w/ Heavy armor, Cathyan Longsword Gutmaw 172pts
    Butcher Naked 130 pts

Core
    ---------
    3x Ironguts w/ Champion 164
    3x Ironguts w/ Champion 164
    3x Bulls w/ Light armor, Iron fist & Champion 149

Special
    ----------
    2x Leadbealchers 110
    2x Leadbealchers 110

999 Pts

----------------------
    I didnt want to use gnoblars cuz I didnt feel like spending so much time painting 2 pt models. But if you say I need them than I will. Plus I dont know how to use them yet. I am still very new at fantasy. The idea is I park my bruiser in with the iron gots and go stomp face on some other army general or big juicy unit. Send the other ironguts to heavy cav that I dont like, or a flank that looks open. butcher goes either with the bulls or the other iron gut squad (In which case I put them both up the middle) to cast gut magic, I have only played like 2 games in my whole life and I see how crazy gut magic is, so I plan on investing lots of points into slaughtermasters and butdhers later. then the leadbealchers find something big and shoot it. Or run up and take charges while standing and shooting to bait things out. Tell me if my thinking is off at all on the strat. Oh, I took the LA and Iron Fist to send the bulls into blocks of troops I dont like. Be gentle...

When all else fails... charge it with a Tyrant.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

It's a good list. I think some gnoblars would help add combat res. You'll need the rank bonuses and numbers when it's time to resolve combat, which is what warhammer fantasy comes down to: winning combat.

Lt armor won't accomplish much on the bulls. Anything str 4 or better will negate their armor altogether.

For the sake of conserving points, I might take two units of bulls and one of iron guts.

The bangstick on the butcher would make him a more effective magic user.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aight thanks
    When all else fails... charge it with a Tyrant.

+ Reply to Thread