2k ogres - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2k ogres

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k ogres

Ok, I am jumping from 1k pts to 2k. Tell me if this sucks or not.

Hero
    ----------
    Bruiser w/ Siege Breaker Mawseeker -- 182pts
    Butcher w/ Bangstick & D.Scroll -- 185
    Butcher w/ D.Scroll

Core
    -----------
    20x Globlars w/ Groinbiter -- 42
    20x Globlars w/ Groinbiter -- 42
    3x Bulls w/ Crusher Naked w/ Club -- 125
    3x Ironguts w/ Gutlord -- 164

Special
    ----------
    2x Leadbealchers -- 110
    2x Leadbealchers -- 110

Rare
    -------
    2x Bull Rhinox Riders w/ heavy Armor -- 302

------------------------------------------------------------------
    I dont take a tyrant because I have not been impressed with ogre chars. Mostly the only diff between him and the bruiser is 1Ld, which is good, but I like the save in pts. If you say to use otherwise I will. I am taking the Rhinox Riders because many people have told me the are almost retard proof, and I am very new to fantasy and dont know how to play. PLUS! 5 tough 5 wounds with a 3+ armor is hard to pass up. Not to mention the insane number of attacks they get. I hope they work, they cost me some cash. The thing I am worried about is that, with some many 6 man squads my deployment will be cluttered and I will be limited in charges and such. Once again if this is not the case please let me know. Aight, have at it. Thanks

When all else fails... charge it with a Tyrant.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

It sucks.

Okay, it doesn't. I just couldn't resist.

My thoughts are this, based on the 2k OK list I use. You have a lot of units to spread out during deployment. You don't want to find yourself with wasted units.

Myself, I would consider one unit of Ironguts to be my "main" unit and I'd give it the warbanner and maybe another model or two so that I could have one large reliable unit that could take some wounds and give my nasty bruiser somewhere to hide before he pounds the crap out of the enemy.

Remember, ogres are short on combat resolution and need lots of wounds to win combat. And combat res is really what it comes down in warhammer. You don't want standards in every unit because they represent victory points you could be handing the enemy, but you need a unit, in my opinion, that is really meant to win combat and break the enemy, which in turn means that you need some combat res, like a banner and even better the warbanner.

I like the characters. I'm thinking of something similar for reworking my list. Bruiser and two butchers, no tyrant.

I really think musicians are worth it on any ogre unit. Any trappers are actually pretty useful.

The rhinoxes will scare the crap out of your opponent. Those should be a lot of fun.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I think forsaking a Tyrant is a bit dodgy for an army which already has leadership issues.

But I think the list is a very good one, it has plenty of units which look like they would be able to pull of some nasty combined charges! >.<

Ciao

Stonehambey (Yay! Smileys back)

+ Reply to Thread