First ogres (1000) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First ogres (1000)

I am currently deciding which army to play and Ogres are one of the final three, so I have written a list of what I would like my army to be like and would greatly appreciate any comments on effectivness and such.

Heroes:

Bruiser, Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Wrydston Necklance, 2 Sword Gnoblars. 172 Points.

Butcher, Bangstick. 155 Points.

Core:

3 Bulls, Extra hand weapon, Musician. 127 Points.

3 Bulls, Extra hand weapon, Musician. 127 Points.

4 Bulls, Extra hand weapon, Musician. 166 Points.

4 Ironguts, Musician. 202 Points.

24 Gnoblars, Groinbiter. 50 Points.

Total: 999 Points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

That's a pretty reasonable list. It's a healthy start to an army and all those units will be useful when the army expands. I'd possibly think about swapping one of the bulls units for lead-belchers to give yourself another option in the game (and also to make use of a battle-force).
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I initially had 4 leadbelchers in the list, but I was advised by a few people that they arnt worth the cost (they die just like bulls) and to replave them with Ironguts or Bulls.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Meh, they're ok. Don't knock them 'til you've tried them, I say. They're pretty much bulls in combat anyway but with the option of clearing away those horrible fast cav that like to 'feint flight' or whatever they call it.
    Plus it's a more interesting unit to paint than just another bunch of bulls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should note that this is essentially the starting box ($150) with the two heroes, so the leadbelchers and bulls are purely a matter of choice (conversion from belchers to bulls).

But other than that is it ok? Will it be competative (alot of people play lizardmen where I am), and most importantly will i need to buy tons of gnoblars when I build the army further. I'm not too keen on buying (and painting) tons of units of gnoblars.

So I guess the question is, are Large numbers of Gnoblars necessary to be comeptative, or will 24 in 1000 points suffice, and maybe 48 in 2000?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Wakkarr View Post
    So I guess the question is, are Large numbers of Gnoblars necessary to be comeptative, or will 24 in 1000 points suffice, and maybe 48 in 2000?
    Those numbers sound fine, maybe one more unit to throw in if you feel you need it. Trappers are handy as they can really irritate static armies. I like the worry factor that a gorger introduces, too, but these are all options for the future. As a starting list it looks healthy- I'd just think about adding a couple of banners, just to help out in Combat Res.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i say drop the unit of 4 bulls for 3 bealchers the are kicker models and in the end much more tactfully useful to an ogre army remember a turn spent fleeing counts as a turn realoading and the sheer amount of shots is enough to make even eavy armour cry the only reason to not take me is cuz your afraid of the misfire hit thing but seriously the most devastating of ogre tricks do that (butchers, bealchers, giants etc)
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I'll try to drop some bulls and put in a few belchers. Meanwhile, I'm gonna go write a 1,750 point list.

+ Reply to Thread