gorger - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gorger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gorger

hey

Are gorgers a very effective asset of an army in a 1000 point game? mainly against lizardmen without war machines.

superbock
    thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I used to be superbock, if anyone cares.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once used two Gorgers in a 1000 point game very effectively against Lizardmen. His force consisted of two beefed up saurus units and the rest were skinks, skink priests and chameleon skinks which he used to scout behind my rather unwieldly Ogre force. I couldn't let him destroy me from behind with the maeuverable Skinks, so I unleashed my Gorgers on them who held them up for 2 turns, killing quite a few and leaving them so far behind my Ogres who had teamed up on his Saurus that they could not affect that particular combat. Because of that, I butchered his main fighting unit and turned to face his skinks who were too slow and weak to avoid a devastating bull charge, winning me the game. So in short, yes, I'd say they're rather useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Did you and your opponent agree to bend the FoC rules? because you cant normally take 2 rares in 1000 pts

I don't use gorgers in under 2k points myself since I would much rather take 2 than 1. In under that amount I would recommend going with more bulls/Ironguts instead. Maybe even try to fit in some leadbelchers instead, I have had them tear up saurus units myself.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

I have changed my mind, gorgers are awesome no matter what points value you use them in! I just played my Dwarf friend and I took one for the hell of it. My gorger slaughtered 3 different war machine crews. It was amazing.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Intergalatic Toaster Maxy_the_con's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with skrag i love them, and even without skrag there also a nice artillery killer also if your daring they can be a nice flanking unit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Demandred - he said it was fine since hissaurus beefing meant that he was overpointed by about 100, so he let me brign in an extra Gorger. He regretted it.

+ Reply to Thread