How much is too much ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much is too much ?

I love iron guts, alot. And basicly Im wonderinghow many i can field in a game with out hurting other elements too much. I know every iron gut i take is a couple less de spell scrolls or 2/3 of a gorger but how far can I go. I was thinking 1300 pts ish but help me out. (say about 1000 pts cause thats all I have ......... Joking)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is how I approach "How many ironguts".

I flesh out my characters. Give them all I need to give them. I take the 3 bulls that the army list insists that I take. Then I take the specials and rares that I need. I never field an army without at least 3 yhetee. After working all those out then I see what I have left.. What I have left goes into ironguts. Plain and simple. Basically you take those things that you know you cant live without and the rest is ironguts. they are the staple of your army and you should always give them priority. How many UNITS of them that you have is a different discussion all together. Mind you this is the way THIS tyrant sees them. If you have a good group of people to playtest with I suggest experimentation. Try different builds and run them through 5 games. TAKE NOTES on each game. Analise the strengths and weaknesses of each build and you'll find the one that works best for you. You will find, as well, that you will become a better player this way.

Keep having fun.

O.T.

Armies to date:
    2500 Ogre Kingdoms
    3000 Skaven
    2500 Tomb Kings
    2500 Necrons
    3000 Eldar
    3000 Tyranids
    1500 Space MArines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree on that way fo building , actuly thats what i do. What im trying to figure out is things like do I REALY need that (instert big nasty ogre here) and at what point dose it become rediculous, and unplayable. I seriously doubt an army could realy take on 30 + ironguts no matter who they are but Id realy be interested in what other guys say. I only play a couple games a week so I realy dont have the time to play test lots of lists, considering I have 5 armys activly. So just straight theory wise how far do you guys think I can push it.

+ Reply to Thread