Butcher Bitz Identification [PICS] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

Butcher Bitz Identification [PICS]

As I have been building an OK force over the past few months I originally was going to field only one Butcher, simply as a scroll caddy, in my 2000 pts list, merely because of cost. And let’s face it, who wants to shell out $150 (using Canadian prices) for 3 models? That was my train of thought until I ran into some pics of converted Butchers on the GW site. Not only did they look passable, IMO, they looked better than the current Butchers, at a fraction of the cost! Now all I have to do is discover where all the bitz are from and I'm home free

So, here are the two butchers I found most appealing:

More pics, painted and unpainted, can be found HERE. Thanks for all the help in advance.

+++EDIT+++
    I fixed the link, now it leads to the actual page

Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Those packs and stuff hanging from belts look to be bitz from the Kroot Sprue.

Thats all I can say I'm afraid.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

almost all the bitz that are hanging on their belts are from ogre sprues (bull, irongut, leadbelcher, and command sprues), and from a vampire counts zombie sprue. the first one's right arm is an arm from an ogre command sprue, his left arm from an irongut. the weapon that's attached to the left arm is a cut-off irongut weapon. the right hand is just an ogre bull hand with the weapon cut off, and a bit from a vampire counts zombie sprue added. i don't know where the human heads and the beast's head on his belt come from though.

the second one is simpler; he's just carrying around a vampire counts zombie torso with a zombie arm. the club in his left hand has been replaced with the top half of one of the knives that's on the bull sprues. he's eating a part of the zombie, which comes from the zombie sprue as well :rofl

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Arisen Devil's right. Ogre sprues and zombie sprues for the most part. And green stuff, but I guess you figured that out. 8Y
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x3)

Thanks guys. So am I right in saying they're Ogre Bulls/ Ironguts/ Leadbelchers, Kroot and Zombie bitz? (along with some chain, mini rings and a liberal amount of Green Stuff)

I was also wondering if anyone else had done this and converted a bunch of Butchers, and if so, would you be willing to post pics?

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I've never bought a GW butcher. I've been searching for alternate models. I just bought a reaper ogre, a female one, to serve as my tyrant. Now I'm hoping to find some butcher models.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread