Question on Ogres - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Question on Ogres

I do not know why, but I have heard that an Ogre army isnt ever worth playing. Unless lucky combats come around often, people have said that the combat res part of it destroys any competition. I was considering starting a 1k ogre army to play against my friends dwarves, orcs, and empire. Is this true, or am I better off waiting for VC in the spring??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Well, it is true that Ogres can't stack up static combat resolution the way others can. However, both styles of play (MSU and BFU) have ways to counteract this weakness.

MSU (my preferred stye) has multiple units and is aimed at multiple charges and flank charges. This takes away the rank bonus and puts the Ogres and their opponents on more even footing. Great weapons and multiple attacks then more than make up for being outnumbered (assuming you don't fluff all your attacks ).

BFU on the other hand is aimed at having just a couple HUGE units. these units usually number between 8 and 12, thusly giving excellent bull charge impact hits while outnumbering the opponent.

At 1,000 points it is easier to play MSU though. At least in my opinion.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

+ Reply to Thread