OK vs Brett, SK and TK - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK vs Brett, SK and TK

Quick general Question-

How do OK armies fare against Bretts, SK and TK?

do they always have a hard time? are there any OK units which do well against them?

or is it pretty much still an uphill battle.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Against Britonnians you can give them a goood run for their money, same goes for TK.

I've played both armies and had a close game. With the casket of sould just be careful of unit positioning as it can reak havoc with your low leadership. With britonnians, make sure that you in a position to charge, not be charged.

Also bait the Bretts because it will work, try a vice like move on his his lance formations. By this i mean 2 units either side of the lance formation, so both will be engaged if he charges one unit, and a unit of bulls in front of it, but with plenty of distance to run away if needs be. With this manuvour i destroyed his BSB, and other paladin with this.

Against Skaven its a bit iffy as with the amount of magic they throw at you, i dont know how you can get around it, unless someone else knows. Dont go on what i'm sain about skaven, as im still trying to find a way to fight them.
    Sunday 20th July Wood Elves vs. Brettonians
    Mission: Flank Attack (Brettonians attacking)
    Score: Wood Elves - 4181
    Brettonians - 0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you commenting.

Any others would like to share? i go up against these armies and Im going to make my decision soon

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

I agree with Sabeel about the bretts- if your facing a Knight heavy force then the key thing is to ensure the lance charge doesnt break your units- once they are stuck in CC they are very vulnerable to flank charges- therefore make sure the unit choices you make are solid- I wouldnt be taking units of just 3 bulls for example.

Units like Grail Knights are always going to be a problem, so make sure your hard hitting enough to take them on, stuff like Errant Knights can be baited into rash charges as Sabeel mentioned.

Good luck!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

To add about brets. try not to get yourself into challenges. Trust me if your fighting a bret they can and will take the ability to Killing Blow an Ogre.

As said before Hit em in their HUGE flank and watch em tumble. If brets dont get the charge/break you on the charge they really take a nose dive in how effective they are and become canned food.

Against Tomb Kings. Its iffy honostly. The Casket HAS HAS HAS to go ASAP or you will be in for an absolute WORLD of hurt. the Casket Guard dont really bother us as much as other armies so dont be afraid to get stuck in.

Dispel their movement spell and let them have their Smiting (if its on a unit in close combat) If your short on DD. On that note Always Always Always save a scroll/DD for the casket. IF your packing scrolls use them for nothing but. Remember TK CANNOT IF or Misscast so you can always scroll that casket. Also Anything that is using poison (scorpions or that special character giving it to the bowmen.) has to go.
    As for the Chariots you can usually Shrug them off if your packing the appropriate Gut Magic on said unit. If they Nail your Ironguts Change their buff to Bullgorger and wreck the entire chariot unit (you get to go first OMG) with STR 7 attacks. Carrion wont really dent you if your smart. Bone Giants Fall like leaves VS a 20 strong unit of Gnobo Fighters (large target so you hit on 4's and fire in 4 ranks).

only thing to really watch out for is Special Characters with the poisoned bowman Tomb Kings/Princes with flail of Skull and Usbati. Everything else is very easily handled

Skaven are an issue. They pack Loads of Combat rez and Loads of Cheesy ranged attacks like Warp Lighting (you can smell the Provalone off that spell) ratling guns and the allmighty Jezzails. One of our hardest fights as they can pack Poison Huge Ranged potential (NOTE potential. sometimes they really just dont work) And lots and Lots of Combat rez and flank chargers. Good News is Scraplaunchers LOVE Skaven armies as does Bonecruncher. Also remember getting stuck in close combat DOES NOT save you from shooting. Thats why Skaven are so tough for ogres. Our Biggest Bane is Shooting and against the ratmen you have no way to protect yourself.

Hope that helps.
    Looking for help with your Ogre kingdoms. Need help against them? have burning questions about life or why Dave's Avatar is so creepy. Feel free to stop by and ask OverTyrant Loki

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1104558

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The loki - great stuff! thank you for the time spent responding in such length. it is honestly appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by The Loki View Post
    To add about brets. try not to get yourself into challenges. Trust me if your fighting a bret they can and will take the ability to Killing Blow an Ogre.
    I highly disagree with this; always challenge brets .
    Brets can never killing blow an ogre - one of their magical weapons is a lance that confers killing blow on the charge(i.e. the regular kind which doesn't affect ogres).
    The other killing blow option is a virtue , but he only gets killing blow without a magic weapon, and only against large targets, which ogres are not .

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by arisen devil View Post
    I highly disagree with this; always challenge brets .
    Brets can never killing blow an ogre - one of their magical weapons is a lance that confers killing blow on the charge(i.e. the regular kind which doesn't affect ogres).
    The other killing blow option is a virtue , but he only gets killing blow without a magic weapon, and only against large targets, which ogres are not .
    One of my favourite magic items to take as a Bret lord, who is after all not that well blessed in terms of stat line in comparison to some other Lords, is the Sword of Heroes, pretty cheap and ideal at taking down monsters, with this little blessed item of the lady you dont need killing blow you just do a ton of damage! my bret lord once famously (at least to me) killed a Dragon Ogre Shaggoth- no mean feat
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by STang View Post
    The loki - great stuff! thank you for the time spent responding in such length. it is honestly appreciated.
    no worries mate. I enjoy helping people out.

And i retract my statement about the not challenging brets. Above poster is correct about the killing blow.
    Looking for help with your Ogre kingdoms. Need help against them? have burning questions about life or why Dave's Avatar is so creepy. Feel free to stop by and ask OverTyrant Loki

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1104558

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Theobold the Lame View Post
    my bret lord once famously (at least to me) killed a Dragon Ogre Shaggoth- no mean feat
    Thats nothing, my ogre tyrant, can easily take down a Dragon Ogre Shaggoth. With a nice little piece of equiment i like to the 'THE TENDERISER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Always good, fun this weapon, especially for kiling multiple wound creatures, or characters.
    Sunday 20th July Wood Elves vs. Brettonians
    Mission: Flank Attack (Brettonians attacking)
    Score: Wood Elves - 4181
    Brettonians - 0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast