Hunters: Good? Bad? definately ugly! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Hunters: Good? Bad? definately ugly!

So does anyone use hunters?

If you were going to use hunters or do use hunters how would u equip them and use them effectively.

I like the look and story of hunters, but I'm not going to sacrifice playability for story. Sounds like OK are hard enough to play as it is without making bad Hero choices.

So any tips or good excuses to take this guy are welcome.

2500pts Emperors Children
    1000pts Dark Eldar Cabal of Agony Eternal
    3000pts Tyranids

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Well in my experience hunters are best equipped with foam packaging or a display shelf. Theirs nothing they can really add to the army. A unit of ironguts will out perform him for less points. Take a butcher instead. FLuff is great but they are terrible on the tabletop.
    Looking for help with your Ogre kingdoms. Need help against them? have burning questions about life or why Dave's Avatar is so creepy. Feel free to stop by and ask OverTyrant Loki

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1104558

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get why people find the Hunter useless. He works great whenever I use him.

What I do is give him Mastadon armour, make his tusks go and flank units, and then make the hunter go around and shoot unengaged units from the flank. If you keep him away from combat, and gets shot/magicked and dies, on a 2+ he gets right back up and starts shooting again.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

still not worth the points. He can't keep up with his cats unless you give him longstrider and another butcher makes the rest of your army hard to beat. just not a great selection unfortunately

more gnoblar scouts anyone?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSniper45 View Post
    I don't get why people find the Hunter useless. He works great whenever I use him.

What I do is give him Mastadon armour, make his tusks go and flank units, and then make the hunter go around and shoot unengaged units from the flank. If you keep him away from combat, and gets shot/magicked and dies, on a 2+ he gets right back up and starts shooting again.
    I've seen too many games when his harpoon does nothing, and if he's busy shooting and missing, it means his combat ability is being wasted. He's cool on paper, but I don't see myself running him anytime soon.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Cool thanks all. Ill just run with 2 butchers and a bruiser for support. Ya I thought he looked cool on paper and i love the model, but alas all of your experience speaks otherwise. Thanks again!

BTW check out my army list in the army list secction if you have and tips or advice. I will normally find myself playing against:Lizardmen, O&G, Empire, and beastmen. Sometimes ill play against dwarves and Tomb Kings but mostly the first four. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Laughing God; March 25th, 2008 at 18:42.
    2500pts Emperors Children
    1000pts Dark Eldar Cabal of Agony Eternal
    3000pts Tyranids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

To me he would make a great Rare Choice. But I wouldn't choose him over other chars.

Bruiser chould be fine. If your going to take one I would recommend makeing him a BSB or just using a 3rd butcher.

+ Reply to Thread