Ogres, the ultimate teammate? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ogres, the ultimate teammate?

Just wondering if anybody agrees with my thoughts that Ogres would function much better as an army if you were playing in a doubles match where your ally has an army capable of fielding mass troops? Basically you could almost say "Okay Pip (my imaginary friend), I will kick the @#$% outa those knights and trolls, you handle the huge +5 combat rez units". I know that it's more complicated in reality, but i tend to notice my friends always want my ogres backing them up if they can help it, even though i rarely win a game.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I agree that they're a great support army. Someone else can bring the ranks, and we bring fear and rank busters on the flanks. Add some gorgers coming on in the backfield, some disgusting magic, and outrageous characters. They really do compliment other armies well.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I agree. I play 2 units of 4 ironguts in my DoW army. Dealing with dwarves and ironguts is tough, especially with a Albion truthsayer who can resurrect an irongut (full wounds) on a 7+

They add a great 1-2 punch. I've seen people take them in Empire armies as well as something that add strong hits (empire and some of the other armies lack really strong hits)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dogs of war isn't listed in the Orcs and Goblins army book, can ogres still be used as mercenary (dogs of war) in an orc army?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Its listed in the OK army that others can take them so yes.

As to doubles. I see Ogre's working really well with Skaven. Skaven are faster then average have loads of nasty shooting and add huge numbers to the board.
    Looking for help with your Ogre kingdoms. Need help against them? have burning questions about life or why Dave's Avatar is so creepy. Feel free to stop by and ask OverTyrant Loki

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1104558

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see OK as a great ally because they can fill in area's where his partner's army falls in, to a lesser extent range, but having a unit that uses of the artillery dice can be great fun(even if you go pop)
    Rule 37: There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ogres are one of the best support armies out there.

Remeber one game i played with a nurgle deamon army. was so god damn funny. I went in and soffened everything up, then the deamons just destroyed everything that was left over.

I tend to use my ogre and woodies together in big games, really scares my oppenants
    Sunday 20th July Wood Elves vs. Brettonians
    Mission: Flank Attack (Brettonians attacking)
    Score: Wood Elves - 4181
    Brettonians - 0

+ Reply to Thread