Some newbie Ogre questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some newbie Ogre questions

Im new to warhammer fantasy and am thinking of starting up with Ogres, so I have a few questions before I buy any models.

A. Is it ok to have JUST an Ogre army with no gnoblers?? I think they're called just Ogres and nothing else?

A. I hate the new Butcher and Tyrant do you have to have either of them?

A. How much would a small 1000 pts cost to play with my friend?

Help my dragon grow! pfft dont bother anymore he died since he didnt get enough clicks >:(

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.) The only basic unit that you must have in your army is 1 unit of Ogre Bulls. Everything else is optional. You also need a general.

2.) Your general must be either a Bruiser or a Tyrant. If you don't like the current models you can always create one of your own from a bulls or Iron Guts sprew. You could also use a different model altogether as long as it is on a 40 x 40 base.

3.) a single battalion box should be able to get you near 1,000 points depending on what upgrades you take. One extra unit (like another Iron Guts box) should put you at 1,000. So...it should 'only' be 150 dollars or less if you buy models at listed price.

Hope that helped.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Scrappault, and other questions

I'm just starting Ogres as well, with a battalion box, 9 extra bulls, and 4 extra lead belchers. I'm planning to play around the 2000 point level.

What I'm wondering is if it's worth getting a scraplauncher. The Ogres don't seem to have any other artillery, but they're fast enough to get into close combat quickly. I wanted to know if they were worth it.

Also, is it worth getting more than one unit of gnoblars?
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by NicksNecrons View Post
    Im new to warhammer fantasy and am thinking of starting up with Ogres, so I have a few questions before I buy any models.

A. Is it ok to have JUST an Ogre army with no gnoblers?? I think they're called just Ogres and nothing else?

A. I hate the new Butcher and Tyrant do you have to have either of them?

A. How much would a small 1000 pts cost to play with my friend?
    1. Sure, it's perfectly fine. A lot of players think Gnoblars are worth taking, but lots of others use no Gnoblars at all.

2. The Tyrant actually looks good once painted. Check out the Blood Gruel thread in my signature to see the one I painted. The Butchers I don't like so much, but you can find the Reaper model I used instead.

3. I don't know, but you can visit the GW site or a store and just add it all up. Get the army book first so you know what you want. Get some bulls, a bruiser, some iron guts, and maybe some leadbelchers.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgrax View Post
    I'm just starting Ogres as well, with a battalion box, 9 extra bulls, and 4 extra lead belchers. I'm planning to play around the 2000 point level.

What I'm wondering is if it's worth getting a scraplauncher. The Ogres don't seem to have any other artillery, but they're fast enough to get into close combat quickly. I wanted to know if they were worth it.

Scraplaunchers are really fun to play with. The rules are unique, such as being a mobile stonethrower. Also, it charges like a chariot and has a pile of attacks. But it has horrible leadership and will cause problems away from the general.

The model is an absolute witch to assemble and paint. Beware the scraplauncher assembly and painting process.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

3. Buy the ogre battalion box. You get well over 1000 points worth of ogre's and with a bit o converting everything you need to play.
    Looking for help with your Ogre kingdoms. Need help against them? have burning questions about life or why Dave's Avatar is so creepy. Feel free to stop by and ask OverTyrant Loki

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1104558

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgrax View Post

scraplaunchers are great against horde armys and perfect for disrupting enemy late game shooting as youll probably end up in one of their front line units anyway, just remember not to leave it stationary for more than 3 turns, after a while his shooting will lose effect as their numbers dwindle and youll want to get him stuck into anything that still needs killing.

gnoblars are wonderfull but before you take a second unit try taking trappers, theyll usually lead your enemy into trees or march block allowing you to manipulate your opponent just a little more so you can get the charge, personally i only ever run one unit with the trappers, 2 units just get in the way sometimes, especially when playing wood elves, but most of the time are just as effective as ever.

+ Reply to Thread