Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I've had a chance to play a few games against my friends Dark Elves using his new book. But, he typically plays a large unit of Black Guard. I cannot seem to take this unit down at all. In 2000 points he typically runs 20+ in a unit with a character and a BSB with the always strikes first banner. I've hit that unit with a unit of 8 Ironguts, a Tyrant with the tenderizer, and a butcher with the siegebreaker. I can't seem to kill enough of them to do anything. And, since they have leadership 9 and are stubborn, they won't run away.
Anyway, I was just wondering what other people would do to deal with them. Or, what can I do to soften them up first? I haven't run a scraplauncher before, I don't even own one. But, I'm thinking that might help me against units like that.
Discount sushi isn't just a bargain, it's an adventure
Scrappy will help thats for sure but for fun i'll list some other options (since I've played as and against the new Darkies).
1. Bonecruncher solves all things elven
2. While stubborn is good stuff doesnt help much vs a Braingobbler with the skullmantle O_o. (Stubborn is break tests NOT panic tests. Alot of people forget this)
3. Take them out of the game. Marchblock em with trappers the entire game.
4. Issue challanges with your tyrant and smash his effing face off. VS low base str armies like elves i suggest Mawseeker paired with toothcracker. The more i play the more i realise that toothcracker is better in alot of situations then Trollguts. With Mawseeker and toothcracker even a great weapon wielding Dreadlord will need 5's to wound your tyrant. Everything else you can shrug off.
5. Scrappy will DESTORY that unit in terrible terrible ways.
6. Let em munch gnoblers or eat sharpstuff.
Hope that helps. Good luck
Looking for help with your Ogre kingdoms. Need help against them? have burning questions about life or why Dave's Avatar is so creepy. Feel free to stop by and ask OverTyrant Loki
Stubborn may be against break test but rember that black gaurd are also ITP which means you cannot auto break them in combat as make them take panic cheaks. Sorry i do not play orges so i can not be that helpfull but try to take out his bsb so they will not be able to re roll thier break test.
Wood elf player- 2000 points worth, Autumn theme
Empire player - 3000 points worth, Green and white
Eldar player - 1500 points worth, Blue and white
That Black Guard unit is about 400-500pts worth of troops. Lob 2 gorgers at it, one at a time and it'll do nothing for the game. You'd even have a chance to Killing Blow the head off the BSB and hero. Good times! That will free up the rest of your army to rampage around the rest of his.
No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!