How to crush certain armies using OK. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to crush certain armies using OK.

Hey, I just started playing WH and I'm already in a monthly club and a store league. I was just wondering how I should set up my army in order to crush the following armies (of my league mates/club members):

1) Orcs and Goblins - I've crushed them so far just being a battering ram.
    2) Chaos Warriors - Destroyed them too, but I have a feeling the other guy didn't know what he was doing.
    3) The Empire - Have yet to face them. Doubt he has steamtanks yet.
    4) The Bretonians - Also have yet to face them, and I know NOTHING about them.
    5) The Dwarfs - These are my biggest concern considering they have such amazing artillery.

Any and all help appreciated!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

I have experience facing HoC and Dwarfs.

Gunlines imho are overrated. Our speed means we're almost guaranteed to get there quickly, and once there, those Stunties are in a bit of trouble.

Use Gnoblars to look menacing and hopefully take a couple of turns shooting for you. You can theoretically charge Turn 2, though Turn 3 is more realistic. Identify what will wint he game for the enemy, and pulverise it.

WoC, haven't faced the new list yet, but the list I faced was magic-heavy, and very MSU. Again, once Turn 3 hit, the game was as good as over.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V Bretonians, they're doing the same as you, mainly charging in with low Ld high movement/killy units. He has better frontal hits (higher movement, mainly) and arguably better shooting phase(him v T4, you v AS 2+). You have the ability to flee, and an awesome magic step v his.

If you play MSU, you can just flee and counter flank charge for an easy break. If magic heavy, braingobbler and bunecruncher spam is great v knights. Leadbelchers in units of 2-3 will greatly annoy. If you're fielding a large bus or heavy on shooting (?!), he's going to get some really juicy charges in and things will go bad.

In a nutshell: Get the charge, avoid close combat res, abuse magic step turns 1/2. The usual story.
    Last edited by Serephina; August 9th, 2008 at 14:43.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also need help with decimating the Wood Elves (we just got a new member who plays them.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

WEs are just evil shooters who like to flee a lot.

Be careful about charges, but you should have little trouble winning combats unless it's three of his units vs one of yours.

Even the smallest amount of shooting and magic can be costly to their MSU-type army. If he takes a couple of huge units, you should have little difficulty winning.

However, the biggest concern you have is shooting. It's the OKs biggest weakness, and one of the WEs biggest strengths.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I play WEs and OK. When I'm running my WEs against OK, I never accept a head-on charge. I work to the flanks and rears of OK. I can usually drop a model on the end and force a break test, unles there's a hero on the end of the unit.

So that's one thing: think about where the hero in a unit of guts or bulls is and move him onto an end. That'll make a unit of dryads or wardancers think twice about charging a flank.

Also, you can castle up and deny a flank when you deploy. That will make things a lot easier.

Are you using three butchers against WEs? You can really cause some damage with bonecruncher and other spells. WEs are usually pretty soft on magic.

Close to combat quickly so that you can avoid the worst of shooting. Or use a gnoblar screen.
    Last edited by DavidWC09; August 10th, 2008 at 20:43.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Gnoblar screens would be useless against the WE as they would be ruined with panic in no time. The only thing they bring to the table is their shooting as it could be mildly effective against T3 elves that have little to no Armour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend of mine just started a Dark Elf army, and was wondering if anyone has had any experience facing the new Dark Elves.

I am a Vampire Counts player who just happenned into the beginnings of an Ogre army, and am also planning on playing Lizardmen when this is complete

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno if you're reffering to the fear-causing forest spirits of the WE, or just the fact that gnoblars fear elves lke goblins. If the latter is the case, I'd just like to add that gnoblars aren't goblins so don't fear the elves no way hosay. Hope it helps. Someone. A bit
    From the Nightmares of Mortals, For the Greater Good of the Devourer of Worlds!

+ Reply to Thread