another new player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another new player

Hi all,

I am getting into warhammer like some others that have posted in here. I have bought the codex and will be getting the rule book and starting an army very soon. I do have a few questions and thanks to those that provide some insight.

1.) I am going to purchase the Boxed set to get started. I am wondering is there another unit I should look at getting to have a decent 1k point army?

2.) Which army in your opinion do the ogres have the hardest time dealing with?

3.) Is there anything else I should know about or consider since I am just getting started?

Thanks a ton
    Oscar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you go with the ogre boxed set, you'll need a bruiser at 1k to have a general. I'd also look into getting a Gorger, as they can be handy against almost every army. Not much help, I know, but hopefully some.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Gorgers are worth it. Their high toughness and unbreakable rule makes them a real threat. For war machines, they're indispensable since you don't have fast cav, regular cav, or flyers.

Most OK players swear by Iron Guts and take far more of them than bulls.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the info.. is it better to have 2 gorgers as many have stated? Also why all the hate against the bulls? And as far as the leadbelchers is 4 the standard for them or would it be better to reduce that number to 2?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two Gorgers almost guarantees that you get one early, and won't have to wait long to wreak some havoc with em. I have seen belchers both ways. 2 will make sure that not all are destroyed all at once through some tough rolling, but 4 can really pack a punch. I generally go with units of 2, but they can be really hit or miss (literally) so don't count on them too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the info!! It really does help..

what is a really solid good starting 1k point army that will alllow me to learn and really get a feel for what the ogre army can do.

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a battle force and an hq id say
    good enough to get your feet wet and a good deal, especially if you get one off ebay for about 50 bucks.
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

+ Reply to Thread