New to Ogres - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Ogres

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

6 (x1)

New to Ogres

Hey, I just started collecting an ogre army, I recently got a ton of stuff for only
    200$(CAN) so I couldn't just pass it up.
    I started Warhammer with a 40k army Tyranids, and eventually jumped into Fantasy Battles with Vampire Counts, now I am looking to play a big Ogre smash army.

My biggest question is about gut magic, I know it can be cast on a unit already engaged in melee, but can a Butcher (or Slaughtermaster) cast a spell while he is engaged in melee? For example, cast the level 1 spell and regain a wound while smashing puny empire heads?

Also, based on the wording in the codex, can you only take a Slaughtermaster in an army that already has a Tyrant? Thus 2 lord choices, and therefore only able to take a Slaughtermaster in a 3000 point game?

Are Slavegiants really as bad as everyone on here seems to think? I know they lost Stubburn, but at Leadership 10 they can't break that often.. And throttle with chain is a poor substitute I know, but it isn't that bad...

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements

Poland, the land of poles
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

12 (x1)

Yes about the first one, mages can cast when engaged in melee (there are exceptions to this of course) - so butchers eat and smash simultaneously.
    Unfortunately, also yes on the second one. you get all the slaughtermastery joy you want, but only at 3000+ points.
    Welcome to the Mountains of Mourn. It is a harsh place, but remember: might makes right!
    From the Nightmares of Mortals, For the Greater Good of the Devourer of Worlds!

+ Reply to Thread