Favourite Character Build - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Favourite Character Build

In this topic i would liek to know the formats people like to use for their characters, and reasons why. I know of the main builds, but im looking for something a bit un-orthodox - like my tyrant.

My Tyrnat likes using the following build.

Heavy Armour, Luck Gonblar, Ironfist, Sword of Striking, Greedy Fist, Wyrdstone Necklace and the Jade Lion (i believe this is the one that allows you to re-roll psychology tests)

This combo allows my to have fun against a wizard, and also against characters with stupidly powerful weapons.

i.e. I walked upto a slan the other day, and he's etherial with regenerate. Hitting him on 2's and he's no longer a wizard, and I took two wounds of him to boot.

My oppenant said it was a useless combo. But seeing as it was turn 3 and he suffered loads not having any magic defence, or an offence. Also loads me loads of trouble.

Sunday 20th July Wood Elves vs. Brettonians
    Mission: Flank Attack (Brettonians attacking)
    Score: Wood Elves - 4181
    Brettonians - 0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

One I've always liked is a Hunter with cats of the hunt, a SoBattle (or Might if MSU Chaos/Lizzies are a problem) and the Longstrider Big Name. He picks off warmachines and tends to obliterate small units. If I get close to a unit of Fast Cav, I'll unleash the cats, who generally are capable of running down a unit that can otherwise provide mass headaches for me.

Otherwise, I like the generic build of a Tyrant with the Tenderiser, Warpstone Necklace, and Gut Maw. Enemy General a problem you say? Not for long...

I'm also a fan of a Butcher with the Halfling Cookbook and a Scroll. Good magic defence, and he can carry out his rather dodgy spells with relative safety.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

I'm really starting to like the Sword of Striking on characters. Haven't quite worked up the bravery to put it on a Tyrant, but on a Bruiser in smaller game it never disappoints (unlike most everything else in the armybook...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another build I like to use is a Bruiser with the army standard, Greatskull, and Talisman of Protection, Also heavy armour, a luck and lookout Gnoblar.

Occasioanaly i like to give him the Runemaw. amusing when an Empire Wizard cast pit of shades Iressitably on my generals unit, and i put it onto the Gnoblars.

Also a very fun item to use in Multiplayer games. (Choas Warriors taking Conflagaration)

I found another reason why its good to have my tyrants build as above. I have a 2+ armour save in combat, and a 5+ ward save. Was very nice against a Great Unclean One the other day with the Balesword.
    Brettonians - 0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Huh?

I thought the bearer of the army standard wasn't allowed to have any other magic items. Is that incorrect?

I'm a fan of the Tyrant with Tenderizer, Wyrdstone Necklace, Greedy Fist, Heavy armor, and 2 luck gnoblars combo. It's a little expensive, but it's a great 'General' killer, and a lot of fun. All things considered, I think the Greedy Fist is a lot more devastating than the Gutmaw. I also usually add a Ragbanner to the unit of Iron Guts he's attached to, to help keep him from panicking early.

Seigebreaker, Wyrdstone Necklace, Jade Lion, Mawseeker Big Name, Heavy armor, and 2 luck gnoblars also works well for a 'nearly invincible' killing machine. It's armor save is slightly worse, but it re-rolls all psychology tests and has strength 8 and toughness 6.

Hunters are fun, but there never seems to be enough room for them in any army under 3000 points.

Butchers are great too, either with 2 dispel scrolls or 1 scroll and a bangstick. They have more than enough wounds to keep them from dying from their own magic, so I don't bother with the halfling cookbook.

How is the mask that causes 'Terror'? Is it worth the points?
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgrax View Post
    I thought the bearer of the army standard wasn't allowed to have any other magic items. Is that incorrect?

How is the mask that causes 'Terror'? Is it worth the points?

The army standard is alloed magic items if he doesnt take a magic banner.

The mask that causes terror, isnt really that useful in my opinion. I took it a few times but got bored of it because it was to costly and hardly did anything. I droped it after 5/6 games.
    Brettonians - 0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

I wanted to get y'all's opinion of this tyrant build -

Tyrant - 307

Great Weapon, Brace of Handguns, Heavy Armor, Beast Killer Big Name, Greatskull, Wyrdstone Necklace, Luck Gnoblar

Basically, Beast Killer big name is to somewhat replace the multi-wound benefit of the Tenderizer. Only works against Large Targets, but he's not worried about any puny little humans. Has two weapon options - the Great Weapon or pair hand weapons (from the guns) depending on who he goes up against and if he'd benefit more from high strength or more from an extra attack. Has the Greatskull to help with magic defense (plus is fluffy with Beast Killer).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a promising combo, but you have got a downside when you go up against really nasty characters. The whole beastkiller big name is only really useful if you play against a lot of large targets.

I would say to try it out in a game and see how effective the build is.
    Brettonians - 0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

I like a bruiser with rock eye, greedy fist, heavy armour, ironfist and luck gnoblar. This was he has 2+ save like above, but he can hunt down magic weapons better.
    "Knights had no meaning in this game. This wasn't a game for knights."

+ Reply to Thread