New and need some insight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New and need some insight

Hi all,
    As the title says i am new to ogres and looking for any help that can be given. As of right now here is what I have gathered over a few months.

1 Battlements set
    2 Ironguts boxes
    1 tyrant
    1 butcher

I have yet to play one game due to different circumstances however I should be able to start playing within the next month.

Now I have read many of the post and I am getting the impression that the ogres are very underpowered and are either a total win or a total loss army. What I would like is to have in the end is a fun 2500 pt army that can be used to play any type of game up to the 2500 pt value. I am also playing for fun and to have a good time.

What I am thinking of getting:
    3 Gorgers
    more ironguts
    2 more butchers
    2 hunters
    and other things from the feedback that I recieve.

any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Now I have played a few 40k games with the same people that will be playing fantasy. Here is a sample of the armies that I will be going up against.

empire
    skaven
    dark elfs
    lizardmen
    WoC
    Orcs and Gobs.

Thanks!

Thanks for the help!! And I hope to be more involved in these forums in the future.

Last edited by oscar; March 13th, 2009 at 23:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

well for me ogres are one of the most fun armies to play. The gorgers are a must for dealing with wizards and war machines. I don't think you'd ever need 2 hunters unless you're going crazy with gnoblar trappers and scraplaunchers lol (which is fine )
    "Knights had no meaning in this game. This wasn't a game for knights."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should I stay away from the hunters and go with something else? And if that is the case would you mind explaining why? I am under the impression that the hunters with their sabetusks are a great way to hold up units while getting others in-line to handle them.

Also can someone explain the rinox riders and where I can find some info on them. The codex does not state anything about them.

also what is everyones thoughts on using Yhetees?

Thanks
    Last edited by oscar; March 14th, 2009 at 05:43.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

personally I like hunters, but they aren't the best thing to be spending points on, as they can't join units and no brilliant armour/ward saves. Plus you can't move and shoot with his harpoon thrower. however, with some sabretusks and longstrider name, can be good for flank charges.
    Rhinox riders are a model not done by GW, and I don''t think they're tournament legal as yet, but in casual people should let you use them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could try forge worlds website, but i believe GW had an official release of them in an old White Dwarf.

Yhetees in my opinion are a bit of a hit and miss, they tend to draw a lot of attention to them selves with their fast movement and being able to ignore a majority of terrain.

Mine useually get gunned down quite fast by my oppenenat as he doesnt want them engagaed in combat to stop him from shooting.
    Sunday 20th July Wood Elves vs. Brettonians
    Mission: Flank Attack (Brettonians attacking)
    Score: Wood Elves - 4181
    Brettonians - 0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

just found a page on Rhinox riders.http://wizbangs.parks.officelive.com.../OK-Rhinox.pdf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah forgeworld is the place to get them.

Forge World WARHAMMER MONSTERS

thanks for the info on the yhetees.. i think I will try them out and see how they do.

+ Reply to Thread