All Gnoblars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All Gnoblars

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Gnoblars

I've always wondered if that all-gnoblar army thing is legal in tournaments or even friendly games.

I know it can be effective is used right and its always a funny sight to see sometimes when the nearly impossible is accomplished with these little guys.

I'm hoping it is legal with tournaments, that would just be awseome.

Join Warmachine and Hordes...or suffer the consequences.

Join cold death...The Necrons await,,.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what i understand its down to your tournament organiser as to if you can use the list or not, i dont see why they would not let you as lets be honest its not a tournament winning list. But it would be amusing to play.

Has anyone got a link to an online copy of the list? when it came out in WD i ignored it and now no one has the list for me to reread and see if its worth trying out for fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too bad that you can' t have more gnoblar units than you've got bull units in your army

is a hardcore rebel dutchie the great's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

yeah there was a list printed an old WD somewhere, but as a replacement, you could just go for a goblin list replacing gobbo models with gnoblar ones.

-DTG
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ungbloods.html

Come and join the YoungBloods social group!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asuryan, what I'm talking about isn't necessarily OK, but rather its own mini army, just Gnoblars.

People have played with only gnoblars before. And theres more in the Gnoblar list then just Fighters and Trappers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overwhelming their enemies through weight in numbers, occasional tactics and sheer dumb luck, the Gnoblar Horde is the hordiest of them all! The Gnoblar Horde rules can be found in White Dwarf (UK issue 310, US issue 303 and AUS issue 304).
    Taken from

The Ogre Stronghold - The Mighty Gnoblar Horde

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

It seems like running a Halfling/Goblin Blood Bowl team. You know you'll never win anything, but it's still a lot of fun (unless you forget your movement trays), and you might occasionally surprise everyone in a 12 foot radius with a win against an army or two.

Personally, I'd take it up with any tournament organisers - it's not as though they'll be giving DoC a run for their money, so my thoughts are that most should be cool with it. Don't quote me on it though.
    Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; April 15th, 2009 at 02:14.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thats not true, if played right, you can win =D, plus yes, it would very much be fun .

I'm not sure if this was made up but someone who tried it had alot of Slingers(ranged sling Gnoblars) and shot down a prince on a dragon. Now thats epic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Syko View Post
    I'm not sure if this was made up but someone who tried it had alot of Slingers(ranged sling Gnoblars) and shot down a prince on a dragon. Now thats epic.
    Exactly, and it's things like that which make a game more memorable, rather than those six Massacres in a row you got with a list you were trying out.

Personally, I recall killing an Orc general in two rounds with a unit of eight Trappers throwing rocks.

(btw, I edited my earlier post to bring in tournaments if you're interested)

+ Reply to Thread