Never been good with ogres... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never been good with ogres...

Now when i did my ogres a couple of years ago i really found out that i had no idea how to use them whatsoever so i gave up and went back up to the chaos wastes

Now that i'm slightly more experience i'm thinking of restarting them what things do i absolutly NEED to take?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Ogres have been my primary army since I started playing Fantasy. The biggest thing I can tell you about army building is Ironguts. You need to take one unit of Bulls. All of the rest of my core units are as many units of Ironguts as I can get. Yhetees are another good choice. Being able to ignore terrain and a base movement of 7 makes them great flankers. I've been able to chase down fast cavalry with them regularly. Personally, I like leadbelchers. They're a bit unpredictable for many peoples taste. But, they scare my opponents. When I put a unit of 2 or 3 leadbelchers on the table, they're usually the first things to get shot at. This keeps my Ironguts alive that much longer. Depending on what army you're playing against, Gorgers are usually a good bet. Most armys tend to play defensively against ogres because of their speed. So, Gorgers coming in behind his lines will give him some concerns.

I hope this helps you out. I've been coming to this site for tips like this for a while now.
    Discount sushi isn't just a bargain, it's an adventure

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

How were you playing your ogres Undivided? Were you running deathstar units or MSU (multiple small units)? I'd try switching up abit from what you used to do.

+ Reply to Thread