Iron Fist Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iron Fist Question

I had a question about the Ironfist, if it is used in conjunction with a Magic Weapon, then can you use it as a shield to give a +1 to your Armour Save? or because it's a weapon in it's own right, can be used in conjunction with a magic weapon?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you can have an ironfist and a magical weapon. Check the upgrade options again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

You definitely can't use it as an additional hand wep. with a magic weapon, but there is nothing stopping you from using it as a shield. You can give any mundane weapons to a character, they just can't use them if they have a magic one, so you can an ogre an ironfist and can use it as a shield. This is only for close combat though, the shield doesn't work against shooting/magic.
    "Knights had no meaning in this game. This wasn't a game for knights."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... Why oh why did I think that I couldn't take an ironfist with magical weapons... then again, it might just have never come up with all of the great weapons and all. Hmmm, wonder if anything useful can come of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's one useful combo I found

Hey Zeuy, I've got one combo for you that uses an IF with success:

Tyrant w/HA, IF, BoH, Luck Gnoblar (and 2xSword Gnobs if I have the points)
    Sword of Striking, Giantbreaker, Greedy Fist, Wyrdstone Necklace

He clocks in at around 330+, though you can get by without the BoH and Sword Gnobs, I just use the BoH because I have a Maneater unit of 3 and he sometimes rolls with them.

So in CC, this Tyrant has a 3+ save and a 5+ ward, with 1 reroll. Though I haven't played him for several months (or Ogre's for that matter), he hasn't died for me in over 20 games of play (check that-1 time to a Stone thrower on a lucky scatter where I failed my rerollable 5+ ward and he rolled a 5 for # of wounds!). Also, being WS 6 with +1 to hit and Str 6, against RnF he averages about 4 kills per combat phase (take that Black Guard!). He can also nerf even the biggest wizard and eat magic weapons pretty reliably (well one time anyway), this guy has it all!

In addition, from a metagame perspective, if someone were to cancel the Sword of Striking (turning it into a non-magical HW) the IF now either boosts his save to 2+ or gives him an extra attack! Usefull

On a side note, I can't believe I remembered my old login name! (From Aug '06) - check that, june of '05... aug '06 was the last time I logged on!
    Last edited by GhostWarrior; November 11th, 2009 at 23:29.

+ Reply to Thread