Magic Resistance used to dispell Kanopi - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magic Resistance used to dispell Kanopi

Quick backstory

Unit of ogres has troll guts (2 Magic Resistance + Regen). Ogre player has no dispell dice, I activate Kanopi.

Can the Ogre player use the magic resistance of the unit with troll guts to stop my Kanopi from going off.

Enkhil's Kanopi

Bound Item, Power Level 4.

If activated successfully, all Remains in Play spells on the tabletop are automatically dispelled.

Magic Resistance (1-3)

...The number in the brackets indicates the maximum number of extra dice that may be rolled when trying to dispell each spell that affects the magically resistance model. These can either be used on their own against any spell targeted against the unit, or in combination with....

My personal logic from reading both is that since the kanopi is not targeting any unit, but instead targeting the entire board, or the spells themselves. This also seems like it over-counters kanopi, as there is no chance that I will ever get it to remove remains in play spells if the remains in play spells stop it from ever going off.

I'm a little fuzzy on my friends logic, but it ends with him dispelling it with his magic resistance dice.

I don't know if any hard rule has been made on it, lemme know if anyone has the answer to this.

Thx alot for your time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are correct, the same logic and reason applies to why your friend would not be able to use MR against the Casket. The rules of targeting come into play here and can be dicey, but is generally accepted that a unit has to be targeted to use the MR dice. I like to use Magic as an example, as depressing as that may be. If you have a card that cannot be the target of spells or abilities and use a card that destroys everything, the card's ability is moot.
    0/0/0 Dark Eldar 0/0/0 Skaven0/0/0 Chaos Dwarfs
    Starting on January 1st 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -33 (x0)

not the best example with casket as I believe it has been faq'ed that it CAN be dispelled in that manner. A more accurate example would be the VC spell, wind of undeath. As it does not TARGET the unit it does not get its magic resistance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the unit is effectived in anyway you get magic resistants against it that includes wind of undeath and other spells that effect everyone (the whole table top)

+ Reply to Thread