Out for revenge against elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

3 (x1)

Out for revenge against elves

High Elves constantly pulverize me.
    Small games-Mages and RBT decimate my units
    Large Games- Dragon eats anything and everything (Foe bane is overpowered against Ogres- main protection of toughness negated by hero/lord)

He protects the flanks of infantry with DP's with noble most of the time, and a white lion chariot. Large or small, Iron guts or Bulls I die. Auto destroy chariots isn't even an option anymore so no more bull gorging my Ogres.

I even use gorgers and slave giants to draw fire and then stop it etc. I'm out of ideas,
    and out of luck, halp!

2. Remove Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Gilbert, AZ
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Scrap Launchers to ruin his blocks, there's not much of an answer he has. Dragon can be killed easily by Ironguts or a Lord, than the Prince is on the ground and taking high S hits to the face, he will die. Sadly he can duck your charges so you probably have to play around it. DPs are only good on the charge and will die fast taking tons of wounds on a 3+ save at best. Lion Chariots are even worse.

I'd screen with Gnoblars to prevent charges and take his charges, or charge with the Gnoblars and tar pit for days with your General and BSB. Your Ogres now hunt machines and un-engaged units. Giants aren't very good against anyone, the lack of Stubborn particularly sucks. Gorgers are good, worst case they help with a rear charge.

I think Gnoblars to stop his power charges and Hellheart to shut down a Magic Phase will help. You're charging T2-3 and big blocks should be feeling the Scraplauncher wrath. Sadly Ogres have little shooting and HE units will carve you up with ASF and re-rolling hits unless you thin them. I'd honestly go Gnoblar heavy and than use the Ogres against weaker units. 20 Sword Masters will not beat 60+ Gnoblars fast enough to do anything, they may not even get full VPs for the unit over 3-4 turns.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread