is this a good ogre army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this a good ogre army?

So I played my first game of ogres last week and it was fun but it was deff a struggle! My opponent ran a friendly vampire count army , which just crushed me!!! I couldn't do anything about his ethereal stuff being that I only had 2 magic weapons and my butcher was engaged for most of the game! So he beat me up pretty good! But I had fun and I wanted to know how this army sounds for eighth edition so here goes, a over tyrant with enchanted shield heavy armor sword with plus 2 attacks and the 5plus ward save item that u have to roll a 2 plus to avoid a wound on the first turn a butcher with halfing cook book and a battle standard with the banner that let's you use 3 d6 for psychology tests I had 5 iron guts with the battle standard I had 5 bulls with each of the other 2 one unit of 30 goblers 3 maneaters 3 of the leadbelchers and one unit of 5 bulls by themselves. Against most army's I woulda had 2 bigger units of bulls and just put the 5 by themselves into the other 2 units of bulls but against undead I figured I need the extra unit for new units of zombies that poped up! So I'm wondering what u guys think of the army at 2000 points, and what a typical army at 2000 looks like from a regular ogre kingdoms players!I proxyed most of the army and I have the pieces to do anything owning 40 ogre bases 5 bigger monster bases too so for my purposes I can play with any combo of figs! Any help or options would be much appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Punching Gnoblars's Avatar
    The warp somewhere, took a left at Comorragh and got a little bit lost...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, i usually play aginst VC, still using 7th edition and we play 1000pts.

I use 3 Ogres armed with additional hand weapons to deal with blocks of zombies, 12 attacks at str 4 usually works.

He recently added 5 blood knights to his army which was caused endless violence and mayhem to my skaven. I plan to use Ironguts getting the charge with gnoblars thrwowing sharp stuff until he charges. they use flee as a reaction and get 9 str 6 attacks and my butcher should've given some kind of upgrade toothcraker or trollguts.

Hope these tips help, even though they'7th they could be useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some things in eigth edition ur gna like for ogres, like getting to stomp at the end of every round of combat and the new common magic items are nice for ogres ! Also stuff like ur second rank of ogres fighting and ur goblers throwing shinny stuff in 2 ranks instead of just 1 ! Of coarse there are negitves like everyone steping up to attack u back when u kill the front rank! Which is a lil rough on those no armor bulls ! Thanks for the help though! And pick up the new 8th edition! I think its a lot better!

Senior Member Punching Gnoblars's Avatar
    The warp somewhere, took a left at Comorragh and got a little bit lost...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I plan to buy it this week, can't wait to get my hands on the new models!

+ Reply to Thread