Librarium Online Forums banner

Better looking mournfangs

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SheBeast76 
#1 ·
Hey,

So I was thinking about how much I hate the mournfang heads and general lack of bulkiness - just basically how they aren't rhinoxes.

How feasible is it to switch the mournfang heads for the plastic rhinox ones from the ironblaster? I haven't got either model so I don't know if there would be any compatibility issues, hence why i'm asking.

Also, has anyone had any fun with the metal Rhinox that GW sell by itself from their website? The mournfang riders/thundertusk crew would go on those I guess.

Just generally looking for ways to make the mournfangs more rhinox like without having to splash out £100+ for three from forgeworld - i'd rather suffer with kitties than that.

#2 · (Edited)
They're actually quite similar in body and head joints, but sometimes need a little work in fitting ( green stuff for gaps ).

I've done this for other players, as I love the cute mournfang models :clap:

The feet are different on both models, as the mournfangs have their toes spread out. If it would bother you, just use the rhinox from the IB/GSL box, as they're similar in size to the mournfangs. Just use green stuff, to make the saddles appears they're strapped on.

The metal rhinox is slightly smaller (height) than the plastic rhinox/mournfang, but much, much skinner (width). I'd keep with the plastic rhinox and mournfangs.

#3 ·
Ok thanks alot - I think i'll go with buying mournfangs and swapping the heads over with rhinox ones I get off ebay... that should look ok right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.