new to ogres - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new to ogres

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new to ogres

looking to start and ogre army i like the fact they are big i like mc from 40k so i was think an army would be cool so what is the best models to get for a small starting army ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

The battalion box, while it has increased in price, is still a steal for the models that it provides you. Ogres and Ironguts will provide the cores of your armies, and leadbelchers got a considerable boost in the new army book. In addition to this, a good butcher/+Firebelly model would be nice. Firebellies and butchers can both be pretty potent in combat, and while they can't exactly compare to a tyrant or a bruiser kit out for combat the S6 hits they pump out are nothing to scoff at.

Beyond this look to convert a BSB, as they are invaluable to an OK army. Also a lord level character would be nice, in addition to some more specialized units. At that point its totally up to you though!

Oh, and welcome to the Ogre Kingdoms

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblademafia View Post
    The battalion box, while it has increased in price, is still a steal for the models that it provides you. Ogres and Ironguts will provide the cores of your armies, and leadbelchers got a considerable boost in the new army book. In addition to this, a good butcher/+Firebelly model would be nice. Firebellies and butchers can both be pretty potent in combat, and while they can't exactly compare to a tyrant or a bruiser kit out for combat the S6 hits they pump out are nothing to scoff at.

Beyond this look to convert a BSB, as they are invaluable to an OK army. Also a lord level character would be nice, in addition to some more specialized units. At that point its totally up to you though!

Oh, and welcome to the Ogre Kingdoms

Once, again, you've beat me to the punch !

I would like to add the usage of sabretusks ( at least 2 ), and at least 1 ironblaster ( 2 if you want a competitive list ).

The rare choices, such as the ironblaster, is where you're list will vary greatly. This will depend if you're going for a competitive list, a fun list, a themed list, or one created with models that you enjoy. I'm going to use a thundertusk, along-side a ironblaster, for my rares at 2k. Many players will disapprove of this, but I enjoy the model, and it fits with my army's theme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

I very, very much agree on the Ironblaster. First two games I used it, it exploded on the first turn both times, but every game after that, it has been epic. Last games I played, I shot the high elf lord general right off his dragon on the first turn. My opponent was not happy.

The battalion box is the best way to go. Ironguts and bulls are the main core and killing force with my army, with Leadbelchers and an Ironblaster and thundertusk/stonehorn to support.
    From what I've seen, the stonehorn works well with mournfang cav. But the thundertusk can do well as a support unit, even if most don't think so.
    Firebellies are brilliant, I run one every game. And the model looks awesome. It was the first out of the new batch of models that I painted.
    May the Dragon of Unhappiness never fly up your bottom.

+ Reply to Thread