Help Ogres vs Wood Elves at 500 and 1k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help Ogres vs Wood Elves at 500 and 1k

So there's a tournament coming up this weekend at my local gaming club and u play a ridiculously small 500 point game then a small 1000 against the same player and orginal 500 army just add another 500 points. My first opponent this weekend is wood Elves and I'm wondering what I should take against him. Any advice or ideas are very much appreciated.

He generally takes a butt load of archers, think glade guard, and the treelike folk that are skrimishers.

Thanks Pillow

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Butcher -lvl 2 - iron fist

5 x ogres - full command - iron fists

4 iron guts

500 points

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 500 Point games I've been trying this out, been doing good so far.

Butcher LV1- GW

Ogres EHW x3, Bellower, SB

Ogres EHW x3, Bellower, SB

Mournfang HA, IF x2, Bellower, SB, Gleaming Pendant
    Last edited by coldblooded3k; February 1st, 2012 at 08:25.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

well as the 2nd best wood elf player in the U.S. (likely lower since I missed the past 2 GT's) I can say that if he's playing glade guard and dryads, then he'll probably want numbers and thus take a noble instead of a spellsinger (athel loren is down right awful in 8th) so the butcher is a good call by my friends above. At the same time though yes, he can have 20 or so shots with one unit skirmishing around (to be brutally honest the best 500 points of wood elves is nothing but dryads if you ask me). However his glades lack armour, and have a low strength value so don't be afraid to just down right rush them. He also has only so many shots and will have to pick targets so consider two 10 man gnoblar units with traps to cover your flanks from dryads, and be arrow bait.

Coldblooded 3k is on the right path with the mournfang (I wouldn't run them at that low points though, no matter how great they are) but the point I take from it is SPEED. The faster you charge him the faster you win (well against glades at least, dryads will put up a fight) so try a cheaper alternative to speed with sabertusks. they're low points and great for baiting frenzied units into revealing flanks. If he shoots them you don't care. If you wanted to, you could try and shoot him back, leadbelchers have 24 inch range and can knock the pesky dryads aside for your bulls to get the glade guard.

Certainly play around with it, my mind is coming up with tons of ideas rather than a set in stone list. but good luck and hope you do well.

+ Reply to Thread