Is It Just Me? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is It Just Me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

well I have owned the army deal for about 2 weeks now, and have just begun to put the minis together (due to college stuff I have only been able to proxy the army in a couple battles). So anyways I assembled the ironguts first with no problems. Next, I assembled the hunter and limited edition bruiser, again no problems.

Then I got to my ogre bulls. I put the first 4 together with hand weapons and iron fists. As i moved on to the second 4 (which i wanted to make with just ogre clubs) I realizes that the only left hand options on the sprue is for an extra hand weapon or an ironfist. I would have just taken the extra hand weapon but I went through the book again and saw that ogre clubs cannot be used with any additional handweapons or ironfists!!!

So basically I am asking if anyone else had this problem, if not, maybe I just overlooked the pieces I need on the sprue.

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

I think you might be missing a sprue or two from the army deal. I had enough to make a big unit of 8 with HW & ironfists + command, and stuff left over too!
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

I have enough to give everyone ironfists or extra hand weapons. My question was are there just plain old hands, so that I can make a bull unit with just ogre clubs.

Becuase from what have in my army deal, my only options are HW's + Ironfists on each bull, or an ogre club + HW, in which case you lose the bonus -1 to enemy armor save since ogre clubs cannot be used with any other weapons or ironfists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

You can give them the extra hand weapon as it is assumed that all models are equiped with a hand weapon regardless. You maynot get the extra attack, but the option of striking with the hand weapon instead og the big club is an option. I"m not sure why you would, but its an option.
    I would look online to see if your missing a sprue that gives you weaponless hands, or you can chop the hand weapons off the hands and use them, but that is a pain.
    good luck
    -GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Senior Member Bobby_Wokkerfella's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

No, there is no weaponless hand sprue. Your best bet would be to chop off the additional hand weapons and use that fist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the one area GW could improve their Supplements, just be a bit more specific, but id go along with isitused in thet you could equip the ogres with both Clup and second hand weapon and just choose, thats how id use em, or just agree before starting a battle that you intend to use just the club if your opponent object (thinks he know the rules better than u do).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

Sorry, misunderstood your question I guess. If you want them to be emty handed, then just trim an off-hand weapon sprue. Some ironfists look as though they&#39;re not there, maybe you can say that they&#39;re just a glove rather than a fist? :hmm:
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

I am thinking about taking some of the ironfists and trimming off the big hook-like spike on them. Then i can just say its a hand with a glove on it.

Either that or I will cut the hand weapons off of the hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by TheBigJake@Jan 13 2005, 01:42
    I have enough to give everyone ironfists or extra hand weapons. My question was are there just plain old hands, so that I can make a bull unit with just ogre clubs.

Becuase from what have in my army deal, my only options are HW&#39;s + Ironfists on each bull, or an ogre club + HW, in which case you lose the bonus -1 to enemy armor save since ogre clubs cannot be used with any other weapons or ironfists.
    [snapback]301395[/snapback]
    I think thats on the assumption that you use the iron fist as a weapon instead of a shield. In conjuction I think means if the iron fist is used as a wepaon
    As apostles yet not as Apostles. As Believers yet not as Believers. As Traitors yet not as Traitors! We are Disciples of Vengeance. Only bowing and praying forgiveness of our God. Only bowing and defeating the enemies of our God. Wielding our Swords in the night and brandishing our Guns during the day. We are Soldiers. The Soldiers of Mala!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

Well actually you cant even have an ogre club and an ironfist on a bull so thats not even the question(since when you buy an iron fist you have to get a hand weapon with it).

The point of my post was merely to find out if there were bare ogre hands on the sprues. Since that question has been answered then there is no further need to post in this topic. Thnaks for the help evryone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast