Librarium Online Forums banner

Yhtees

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Namkcor 
#1 ·
I just wanted to know, those yhtees that looks like the abominable snowman, are they good for flank attacks? or are they just better orgre warriors? ^_^

#5 ·
Not to mention their ability to clamber over any difficult / impassable terrain! That almost guarantees they will be in the right spot at the right time!

Magical weapons means that they are great for hunting banshees, wraiths and spirit swarms too if you play against VC.

#7 ·
Yeah, for elite units, their Ld value is pretty crummy. Then again, if they're used to support your bruiser / tyrants unit, they should be able to benefit from your general's Ld anyway.

#8 ·
Also remeber, if they are hit by a fire spell, they lose the magic part of their weapons. The Ice on the clubs melts off and they just have big sticks.

#9 ·
So with that, I guess the idea is to be wary with your yhetee's unit positioning against forces that can take lore of fire (Chaos & HE come to mind).

#10 ·
Remember the Empire army. I've seen alot of Empire armies use a Fire wizard. If yheetes do run, they run 3d6 which most units will rarly overun, plus they can fall back through terrain while pursuing forces have to deal wiht it. Of course with ld 7 theres a chance of rallying but more often then not they are till within range of General or someone like Greasus Goldtooth.

#11 ·
Yeah,the only problem is No AS and LD7 for a unit that costs 17 more points than an iron gut. Their very very expensive. Against some opponents they will work wonders though. And btw the fire thing isnt too bad,against most races that can take fire magic magical weapons wouldnt have any real benefit.

#12 ·
Originally posted by Namkcor@Jan 30 2005, 23:08
Remember the Empire army. I've seen alot of Empire armies use a Fire wizard. If yheetes do run, they run 3d6 which most units will rarly overun, plus they can fall back through terrain while pursuing forces have to deal wiht it. Of course with ld 7 theres a chance of rallying but more often then not they are till within range of General or someone like Greasus Goldtooth.
[snapback]316920[/snapback]​
Actually, unless said terrain is impassalbe, fleeing and pursuing units will ignore it anyway (check the rules for pursuit)

#13 ·
Dont they still ahve to work out difficult terrain tests as theypursue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.