My 1500pt List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My 1500pt List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, I'm a bit new to the warhammer fantasy game and loved the feel the ogres had when I read their codex. I made a 1500 pt army list which I'll get models for when they become avaible to the store.
    Bruiser: Mountaineater,Heavy armour, Cathayan longsword, 1 sword gnoblar
    Hunter: 2 sabretusks, Mastondon Armour
    2x Bulls: 8 models, Iron fists, light armour
    Leadbelchers: 5 models

Thats exactly 1500 points, this includes the champion, bellowers and standard beaers in the bull units.I'm still quite surprised at how smaller number models the ogres have in their army. Any advice on how to improve this list is appreciated.

As apostles yet not as Apostles. As Believers yet not as Believers. As Traitors yet not as Traitors! We are Disciples of Vengeance. Only bowing and praying forgiveness of our God. Only bowing and defeating the enemies of our God. Wielding our Swords in the night and brandishing our Guns during the day. We are Soldiers. The Soldiers of Mala!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd drop the champions because for 20 points all you get is +1 attack, and if you drop two leadbelchers and the champs you could get three iron guts and use them as body guards for your bruiser or a flanking unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

This list is pretty good, but magically vulnerable. You'll have only 2 dispel dice to resist enemy spells with all up as is. Consider taking a butcher with a dispel scroll or two to bump this up. Also, you've only got one flanking unit of 5 (leadbelchers), ideally, another flanking unit would be good, possibly a small unit of bulls or ironguts.
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree! hehe, yes drop the champs and then maybe just a single leadbelcher, and get yourself a.. :shifty: ...gorger! good list by the way! mind if i steal it?
    never forget, never forgive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why on earth would you want such big ogre units. With LD8 on the general and no BSB it means that just one bad round of combat can see 1/3 of your army wiped out in pursuit easily. Not to mention you will be outnumbered even more with less units,and outmanuevered. Leadbelchers work best in squads of 2. They should be used as flank gaurds and harrassers,because 5 of them will never earn their points back shooting,and are unweidly and easily killed in close combat considering their price.

Also,mountain eater isnt that great. Not many things wound T5 on more than a 3+. Give him the wyrdstone necklace and a luck gnobler,its much better protection by far. I'd also drop the mastadon armour in favour of the greyback pelt on your hunter,its less expensive and often the added manueverability will be able to get you out of sight of that cannon or stonethrower that the mastadon armour protects you from.

+ Reply to Thread