Siegebreaker - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Siegebreaker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The siegebreaker magical weapon is a very powerful one, but is it worth it if it gives you too much of what you need?

The siegebreaker is a suped up GW, but uses I to hit with.

Don't post rules please. KU

The tenderizer on the other hand, is an ordinary great weapon but d3 wounds for everyone caused after saves. What I want to know is if the siegebreaker is too much strength, why not just take a normal great weapon instead, it'll save you tons of points also.

Please give lots of input...
    Lardman

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

I usually use either a plain great weapon or the tenderiser too, the siege breaker is inly useful IMO against low initiative enemies. Also, combine the first two with the Giantbreaker big name and you've got the same effect anyway!
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only race a siegebreaker would be decent against are dwarves, but my friend usually pumps his characters up with his +1 or +2 (or +3) initiative for 5 10 or 15 points ( wow... ) so it's just as hard to hit, and I just wasted 30 points...

Tenderizer im starting to think is the best magic weapon for ogre characters. Although the thundermace is strength 8 or template with no armour saves and d6 wounds... you get one hit! That means in a challenge when killing the enemy as fast as possible is necessary, hitting one out of every two times isn't very good... plus what happens if you roll a 1 on the d6 wounds. With a tenderizer you will probably hit 2.0 out of 4.0 times, then wound like 1.7 or something like that, and depending if you took the giant breaker name or a butcher casting spells on him, the enemy character won't get much of an armour save, but they might have a ward save, so for all purposes we'll guess low and say on average one will follow through and do d3 wounds (2 on average), so the tenderizer is overall the best way to go.

But the best of generals will know not to try and win with an uber character, so unless it's a really high point battle, I would give your bruiser just a great weapon and minimal gear, and give your army the extra points.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

+ Reply to Thread