New Improved (?) 1000 Pt List. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bruiser... 219 points
    -Heavy armor, Bullgut; Hand weapon, Ironfist.
    -Gnoblar thiefstones (x3).
    Five Bulls... 245 pts
    -Light armor; Hand weapons, Ironfists.
    -Bellower; Standard bearer.

Four Ironguts... 242
    -Heavy armor; Great weapons.
    -Bellower; Standard bearer.
    -Runic maw.

Three Bulls... 115
    -Ogre clubs.
    -Bellower.

Three Bulls... 115
    -Ogre clubs.
    -Bellower.

Ten Trappers... 64
    -Snarefinger.

Total... 1000

The plan would be to buy the large bull unit and the ironguts a little reprieve from shooting by marching the trappers between them and any enemy artillery. The smaller bull units would guard flanks, assist in charges and harass enemy fliers or skirmishers. Any suggestions? I feel like I'm putting all my eggs into one basket with the bruiser's unit, but it should hopefully be a reliable egg-basket.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you could do the bruiser and 5 Ironguts, and have 3 3 man bull units and your trappers. That one squad of ironguts and the bruiser will have a lot of protection from artillery and getting flanked, and magic resistance 3 means you won't get burned, and boy oh boy will that unit hurt like a biatch when it charges....
    1 s5 impact hit (bruiser armour piercing impact)
    5 s4 impact hit (iron guts impact)
    15 s6 attacks (iron guts great weapons)
    5 s5 attacks (bruiser handweapon and iron fist)

You don't have to be great at math to know that-that equals a lot of pain. Plus
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about that, but I want to spread the magic defense around a bit. This way I have two decent units that have a good chance of weathering a storm of magic, instead of only one. If the bulls could carry a standard, I'd be all for it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. Thats a good list but I still have a feeling a dwarf player would beat you just because the nature of your army. It annoys me that dwarves are so different from other armies and thusly can only be beaten by preparing JUST for them. Your anti magic items are wasted against them, and his massive amounts of bolt throwers will level 2-3 iron guts a turn, and thunderers will probably make your units break and never reach combat. And on top of that he'll have s5 great weapons waiting to hit you and beat you in combat badly.

(Hates Dwarves)
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser117
    I see. Thats a good list but I still have a feeling a dwarf player would beat you just because the nature of your army. It annoys me that dwarves are so different from other armies and thusly can only be beaten by preparing JUST for them. Your anti magic items are wasted against them, and his massive amounts of bolt throwers will level 2-3 iron guts a turn, and thunderers will probably make your units break and never reach combat. And on top of that he'll have s5 great weapons waiting to hit you and beat you in combat badly.

(Hates Dwarves)
    U forget to mention that that dwarf army u described is also taloired specifically to OK. B/c not many dwarf palyers get BT, thunderers and GW warriors as horde armies would destroy that.
    Youd actually be facing a regular 1-2BT, tarpit warriors, xbows or thunderers. Also, since u charge u get a HUGE advantage that should level the dwarves.

+ Reply to Thread