BIG Decision - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BIG Decision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BIG Decision

I'm a veteran 40k player and am interested in starting Warhammer Fantasy. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to picking an army, I want either ogres or betonnians and don't know which to pick. Could you please explain to me what each army does best and in a face off which one would most likely win the day. I have referred to each of the "thinking of starting ogres/brets?" and got some insight but didn't feel quit enlightened. Could you please tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly, before I commit to an army.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Bane_of_the_Mon'keig

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bane_of_the_Mon'keig
    I'm a veteran 40k player and am interested in starting Warhammer Fantasy. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to picking an army, I want either ogres or betonnians and don't know which to pick. Could you please explain to me what each army does best and in a face off which one would most likely win the day. I have referred to each of the "thinking of starting ogres/brets?" and got some insight but didn't feel quit enlightened. Could you please tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly, before I commit to an army.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Bane_of_the_Mon'keig
    I'm not going to bothers with much of the what ogres/brets to better/worse, because I'm sure hundreds will chime in on that.

Here's the most important thing:

Players will enjoy playing versus an Ogre opponent more then a Brettonian opponent. Brettonians are often considered cheesy, which they may or may not be, but almost everyone except a few will agree they are the least favorite army for them to play against in general. Brettonians are straight forward (wind up knights, rush forward, charge on turn 2), which is another downside for the player. It's most similar to the Tyranids army for 40k (but 'Nids are more of a hoarde, Knights are Knights, although you can still get a quite a few in there). You rush up on turn 1, take some casualties from shooting (and magic in Fantasy), but it is never going to be enough to do anything, and then you get to charge, and one of two things will happen, either you will win your combats and break units (in Fantasy, because that's what your good at) and therefore win, or something whacky will happen, which means there is an actual game to be played.

Now, that's just my opinion, but personally unless you really aren't borderline, or really like those types of army, I don't see any reason to play Brets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats what everyone else I ask says. I've decided to start OK because of two reasons.
    1) Because of the reasons you (OmnipotentKiwi) stated above

2) And because Ironguts are just too damn cool!

+ Reply to Thread