Bruiser Model? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bruiser Model?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bruiser Model?

Err.. I might be missing something but having looked at the GW online store I can't seem to spot the Bruiser models. Are they only available in-store?

Can anyone enlighten me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

Well, there is the Bruiser-specific special model that came from the big, collected, battalion box. (It seems GW likes to entice people into buying the big boxes by putting special models in there.)

Other than that, you use the model sold as a Tyrant.

Good thing the Ogre Kingdoms range offers such delightful conversion opportunities.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can be bought online but the site is a little tricky at first, so here's the link ...

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...474&GameNav=13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the link bane and clearing up the fact you use the tyrant Quickasawink. I'd seen the model of the bruiser in the army book but couldn't find it - I guess thats the one that comes in the box set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Not that this really matters but that army deal exclusive model is titled as a special edition tyrant , though he hardly looks the part. Pure bruiser to me. You might consider converting a plastic bull or irongut to a bruiser as it would save you some money. Just a thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is not the bruiser model, that is a Tyrant model.

They don't have the Army Box up anymore, if I get my camera. I can post you a picture of the Bruiser that was limited to the Army Box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great - thanks Gamesmasterz.

So, if I look at the bruiser entry (page 23 of the OK army book) - is that the 'special edition tyrant' which came with the army box mentioned by Quickasawink, Zanzibar and Gamesmasterz, something else or a GW one off conversion for the book? (looking at the entries above I guess it is the special edition model but I just wanted to be clear - sorry if that sounds stupid).

Thanks for the help

BTW anyone bought a Rhinoxen Cavalry? Are they just a solid lump of resin or a 'kit' (I know the riders on the 'standard' rhinoxen are plastic ogres but is the animal just a solid lump?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by burni
    So, if I look at the bruiser entry (page 23 of the OK army book) - is that the 'special edition tyrant' which came with the army box mentioned by Quickasawink, Zanzibar and Gamesmasterz, something else or a GW one off conversion for the book? (looking at the entries above I guess it is the special edition model but I just wanted to be clear - sorry if that sounds stupid).
    Yeah, that's him. Before I realized it was a special edition deal (and therefore I wasn't going to get it) I was going to use him as a maneater with a brace of pistols and paint him up like he'd been hanging with Long Drong and crew (i.e. striped pants, orange beard, and orange mohawk). He just looks like a huge dwarf to me .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x2)

there's no Bruiser Model for the same reason you can't get an Empire Captain or Dark Elf Noble in that there wouldn't be that much difference between a hero and a lord.
    I still hate Twiglets!

+ Reply to Thread