Considering Ogres - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    In a magical little place called 'Hanford', where little elves fly about the hazy air
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x0)

Considering Ogres

Well, after looking at Ogres and noticing there lack of numbers, Im going to get some for X-mas.
    Why , you probley think, would a 40k player that doesn't even know what a hand weapon is, want to get one of the hardest armies to use in WHFB?
    My answer: So I don't have to paint 40-freakin models. (500-pt Chaos 40k list, has over 40 sumthing models, I've onley painted 7)

So, Im thinking of buying a Box of Bulls, a box of Gnoblars, and a Tyrant-person-guy-thingey offa eBay. (along with there Armie-book-thingey, of course).

As for the rulebook (which I dont have), I'll either spilt some money with my friend Codey and we'll both buy it, or I'll find a lone rulebook (without the Empire & Chaos minis) on eBay.

Aaanyway...Are those minis good for a starting force? Am I insane to get & play Ogre armies when I don't even know how to play fanatasy? :confused:
    And If so, should I pick another armey?

Last edited by SlickWilly; August 6th, 2005 at 04:40.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Um...that's a good question. Where am i??
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also don't play fantasy, but when i saw the ogres i fell in love...... :lol:

i currently don't own any models but im gonna get some soon, and aas i got the codex ages ago, i know exactly what I am going to get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Your starting force sounds great, Slick. Gnoblars are important to have (very much so) and Bulls are a great way to go. Also, you can buy the Warhammer Fantasy rulebook on its own in stores, though it's $65 (Canadian).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Like you said, Ogre Kingdoms are not a very easy army to play despite the fact that they look nearly indestructable because of their size.

My best suggestion is to scan through the OK forums for a while and see what kinds of other OK players are having problems with. Most of the time, the veterans (I'm not sure you can really call players of an army this new "veterans", but I'll do it anyways) of OK will be quite glad to help you work out your army list and devise some tactics if you are having problems with a specific foe.

I skim through pretty much all of the forums on LO (Except for the 40k fluff forum... ewww ) so I see a lot of people on OK forum helping out the newbies. Listen to them, take their advice and you'll go far.

In a magical little place called 'Hanford', where little elves fly about the hazy air
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x0)

I dont think I'll be hanging the OK forums anytime soon... mostley 'cause I dont know what the hell everyone is talking about.

EDIT: wh00t! I downloaded the Warhammer supplement for Wolf Lairs armey builder; just built up my Ogre 500-pt list! I'll be posting it in the armey list section, if anyone wants to see...
    Last edited by SlickWilly; August 7th, 2005 at 04:46.

+ Reply to Thread