ogre bulls - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ogre bulls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ogre bulls

Ogre bulls, if you ask me, are one of the worst units in the game. i think this because: wp3 str 4 tghnss 4 (oo0o0o0o0o0o that aint hard....) ld 7.. i just dont think thats worth 35 pts (correct me if im wrong please) sorry for critisizing them its just you expect ogres to be better. its great how their not large targets.. and movement 6, but when u do a gnoblar screen.. that slows them down by 4 inches.. that can cost you another turn of being shot at. they cause fear, but they will only get charge/charge things with high ld. i doubt someone will bother charging skirmishers. if you ask me.. they should be cheaper, but thats me. do you have any opinion about ogre bulls and can you tell me some good points about them please. thanks.

P.S. sorry for critisizing them ...

though i do like the female and ninja maneaters!:ninja: :ninja:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good points? Well, lets see. S & T of 4 (a lot more useful then you'd think), 3 wounds and attacks, bull charge (combined with 3 attacks and 2 hand weapons means up to 5 hits per Ogre. Not too shabby), and cause fear (scare the puny ones, plus you negate an Undead army's biggest strength). Ogres are simply devestating up close and personal. Just don't expect them to stand up to sustained shooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i agreee with you, thats if they can get into combat since most army outmanouvwer ogre kingdoms:yes: <_<
    vampire counts = magic and black knights wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hell you talking about? Only cavalry-heavy armies outmanuver Ogres. With a base move of 6", Ogres are the fastest infantry around, only matched by Skaven Eshin troops. With that high move, they should be able to pick most of their fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Yeah I fail to see how most armies can outmanuver ogres. He can be tricky, yes, and run close enough so that he negates your bull charge, but face it, 80% of the time your ogres will charge. 3 S4 attacks, (or more) from a single ogre will hurt ALOT. Remember you only need to knock out a single rank and your ogres will most likely win combat.

Movement 6 for a whole army is crazy good. The ogres only real weakness is shooting,(and possibly high-armor troops), and that's more because of psychology factors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i play wood elves and lizards... its easy to out manouver them. by the time the get within 15" youll obviously start to move. unless your just stupid....
    vampire counts = magic and black knights wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

I don't really know what you expect to gain from this thread. Basically, it would seem to me that you are operating under a few common myths and assumptions.

Myth 1: Ogres are an easy army to play. In fact, they are probably one of the hardest armies to play correctly. Even the best Ogre players win around half the time.

Myth 2: Ogres can be played like Chaos. Any Ogre player that blindly charges forward is asking to be handed a loss.

Myth 3: The Ogre is a dead-hard unit. Generally, an Ogre Bull is not as points effective as pretty much any other troop if you go by base stat-line. Dwarfs are way-harder. When you buy a Bull, you buy the Bull Charge and Fear. If you don't get the Bull Charge in or the Fear effect in during play, you are wasting points.

Myth 4: Hide behind the Gnoblars. Oh, that the Ogres could train Warhounds instead of eating them. That would be sweet. Gnoblars aren't meant to be hidden behind, Gnoblars are used to cut off angles of attack and lanes of shooting, not a meat-shield.

In short, don't worry about losing a bunch of games when you start. It happened to all of us. Eventually, you will learn the tricks, or just pick a different army to play. Don't get discouraged or frustrated. It takes time.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

+ Reply to Thread