Ironfists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ironfists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -34 (x0)

Ironfists

It says the ogre club bonus is lost when combining it with any other weapon including an ironfist but it is not entirely clear, if i choose to use my ironfists as shields will i gain the bonus for ogre clubs?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by HowlingBanshee
    It says the ogre club bonus is lost when combining it with any other weapon including an ironfist but it is not entirely clear, if i choose to use my ironfists as shields will i gain the bonus for ogre clubs?
    Either way, you loose the bonus. Just consider the club to be 2handed for the purpose of it's ability, and a mundane hand weapon in any other cases.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -34 (x0)

if an ogre club is two handed and ahs an additional -1 to save then how come the much larger irongut weapons dont have an additional -1 save.... see u cant think of a reason..if an ogre club was 2 handed u wud get more strentgh case closed... you should be able to use it with a shield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

if an ogre club is two handed and ahs an additional -1 to save then how come the much larger irongut weapons dont have an additional -1 save.... see u cant think of a reason..if an ogre club was 2 handed u wud get more strentgh case closed... you should be able to use it with a shield
    I did not say it is 2 handed. I said think of it as a 2 handed weapon. An ogres who swings with it 2 handed gets the armour piercing effect. But single handedly, he doesn't get enough momentum to do so, this is how GW designed the weapon to be.

Now the ironguts have a great weapon, wich is totally something else. They gain +2 strength, and can only be used as a 2 handed weapon, this makes to club more versatile.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fluff wise, i tihnk that since the ogre tries to save as much blood and meat as possible on the victim, he must know precisly where to hit the opponents armor to kill the victim with internal bleeding as opposed to Ironguts, who mainly just smash the enemy to a pulp. When an ogre bull uses an ironfist, he pierces the armor witht he sharp edge and therefore blood is lost. That is how i tinhk of it fluff wise.

And to answer your question, if an ogre club was used 2 handed, then it would probably be just armor pireceing. The ogre club isn't large enough to get enough ogre wieght behind it to become stronger.

-VAPORgun
    Choose the best answer to fit in the blank:
    _____ney is the root of all evil!

1.Mo
    2.An Attor
    3.Dick Che
    4.Bar

+ Reply to Thread