Ogre Kingdom and rank bonus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ogre Kingdom and rank bonus

Under the new 7th ed rules, does it mean that i need 10 orges to get a rank bonus (as i need 5 models per rank to get a rank bonus)

thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Yes.

Don't even bother with your rank bonuses, one Ogre dies and you've lost it. You're paying too many pts for one rank with Ogres, that's why the new rules hurt them.

Good to see you on LO.

Hex
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the quick reply, so the tactic to use should be lots of 3 to 5 strong 'hit squads'?

Ealing in Middlesex in London in England in Uk in Europe in North H'sphere in World in U'verse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im an empire who plays a lot of o kingdoms and have problems against lots of squad of 5 ogres.

because:

1.with 5 i have to kill 2 with my guns for them to have to take a panic whereas with 3or 4 its only 1

2.even when they lose 2 guys a 5 ogre squad can still eat puny my manlings for breakfast with only 3 ogres left

3.5 ogres look really good

hope i have helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

Yes, unfortunately, the Ogres were probably most affected by the new rules, or at least, Ogre players have had to alter their own playing the most because of the new rules.

What I have seen so far is the use of even more Ironguts in three to five base units and many, many more Gnoblars. Ogre Bulls themselves are now fielded in larger numbers of three to five base units.

Of course, now the Ogres have a difficult time with maneuvering because there are many more units on the board.

It's rough for the Ogres, right now...

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

There is a lot of hype over the new rank bonus hurting ogres, but i feel it is somewhat misplaced.

Take a unit of eight ogres for example. Now in effect you only lose +1 rank bonus under the new rules. But you still get the outnumber and four strength 5 impact hits. So i think the pros outweigh the cons on this one, and i for one won't be changing to smaller units(Y)

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, When I have played with my ogres I have normally had squads of 6 and 1 hero with them, and they have never needed the rank bonus.... (Actually I ended up tying alot of the time.. ohwell, bad rolls.) But yeah, don't worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Loki
    I insert Harlie tidbits into every post. Phear the sage advice of the killer clowns from outer space

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Yea Fundementally ogres arent really that much affected by this rule change since "at least for me" you should rarely have that many Floppy boobed fatties in one place at the same time. Just invites concentrated firepower. Play like you always have and melt faces in CC.

And good to see you joker. I swear you must stalk me from army to army :shifty:
    Looking for help with your Ogre kingdoms. Need help against them? have burning questions about life or why Dave's Avatar is so creepy. Feel free to stop by and ask OverTyrant Loki

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1104558

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I've been running units of four. That way I can lose a model and still get off the bull charge and have a good amount of attacks in combat.

I have heard a guy talk about using a 15 strong maneater unit with a BSB in it. It's a monster of a unit, and I can see his logic. But I still wouldn't do it.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I changed my playing style to smaller units, untis of 3 bulls, ironguts, even maneaters. This gives me lots of manueverability and I don´t actually miss the rank bonus. With so many units I can outflank lots of armies. Besides a single +1 in CC isn´t such a difference, with so many attacks, S4 and the impact hits it should be enough to win a CC.
    I don´t think the new rules affect ogres too much, it even helps with magic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast