2250 Tourny involving sieging a fort - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

12 (x1)

2250 Tourny involving sieging a fort

So I'm looking to solicite some advice because I am not real sure how to tackle this.

Next week, I have an all comer tournement using and attacking and defending siege scenario in a fort with T7 walls.

Originally I was going to take a skragg list like this

3 pairs of gorgers
    3 maneaters (ha and Handguns)
    3 maneaters (ha and handguns)
    6 bulls
    Butcher Bangstick
    Butcher skullmantle

I small number of units but tough, lots of casting and dispel dice. scrappy for warmachines, infantry blocks, and archers; with the maneaters and butchers to handle flyers and things that come closer

the 6 bulls were for distraction and holding as I would make them stubborn with troothcracker and such.

Was still refinign the list but originally I thought this was going to be an open land attack/defend type scenario.

Well now I hear it is assulting a fortand I am just not sure what skragg could possibly bring to this scenario nor the gorgers for that matter.

I'd like to use skragg as I just got finished painting hima nd the gorgers but just not sure if it will be particularly helpful now.

This is the list I am thinking about now

3 pairs of gorgers
    3 maneaters (ha and Handguns)
    6 bulls
    Slaughtermaster (skullmantle, bangstick, Brahmir statue)
    Tyrant (HA, Siege Breaker, Wardstone Neckless, bullgut, Greedyfist, "wallcrusher")
    3 Ironguts

I somehow have to shave 6 points off this as it is 2256 rigt now, but that is the least of my problems. Way I see it something like this would have the tyrant and the bulls smashing down the wall or protecting the courtyard, while the slaughtermaster and maneaters are forcing panic checks ( I could have two armies of chaos reason I am bringing the staute).

But again skragg ahs to be in close combat with his enemies to really have any affect and that could be difficult if I am facing an enclosed fortress into which my gorger could not appear.

Conversly if my gorgers can appear inside this brcomes an an extremely strong attacking list, but a week defending on.

So should I scrap Skragg, scrappy the much maligned scrappy....Just not sure, any thoughts would be much welcomed.

Sorry so long.

2. Remove Advertisements

Wayward, Texas
    2 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Skragg is great if you can get him into combat quickly. But because he's US 6, he can be picked out of a unit for targeting, which is a huge disadvantage to taking him. (Which I really, really hate since my 2000 pt list is built for him and nothing else :cry: ).

So do you have different rules for how many lords you can take? Skragg, a Tyrant, and a Slaughtermaster at 2250 pts! Now that's something fierce!
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread