Rhinox riders banned from grand tournaments? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rhinox riders banned from grand tournaments?

Games Workshop - News

Bottom right.

Does anyone know why this was done? The riders were pretty powerful, but I never thought of them as especially broken.

One murder made a villain, millions a hero. Princes were privileged to kill, and numbers sanctified the crime. - Beilby Porteus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Maybe someone found a way to break them. Seems a bit of a shame to me, as I always thought they were an excellent addition to the ogre list - both fluff wise, model wise and rules wise

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

GW tries to keep everything that in the GTs from the army books (By and large). So if it's not in an army book, you can't use it.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

But all the SoC lists are available, aren't they?

It does surprise me a bit. I can see the Ironskin tribe being removed, but not Rhinox Riders in general.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04 View Post
    But all the SoC lists are available, aren't they?

It does surprise me a bit. I can see the Ironskin tribe being removed, but not Rhinox Riders in general.
    Yes, in fact, pretty much every list they've ever published, regardless of the media, is legal. Lots of stuff that doesn't appear in army books, like the Lizardmen Sacred Host, are on their "white list."

Actually, until today, Rhinox riders were also on the list as a legal unit. They just removed them due to "unforseen circumstances", and are offering to refund tickets if anyone is especially horrified about it. I was just curious if anyone had any idea as to why this change was made.
    One murder made a villain, millions a hero. Princes were privileged to kill, and numbers sanctified the crime. - Beilby Porteus

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I suppose they just thought the list and units are "broken"?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

at their price in points (and just about anything except for gnoblars in the Ogre list) you could hardly call anything in the Ogres' list broken. Ogres have enough problems to make them anything but a fun army to play. They aren't very competative in my opinion. So I don't see the point in this either.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

I agree. Rhinox riders are insanely expensive. One large unit of zombies (or other unbrekable unit) will hold a rhinox charge for a flanker to arrive. And rhniox riders have weak leadership, making them that much easier to break from combat.

+ Reply to Thread