how do you model // convert your ogres! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x2)

how do you model // convert your ogres!

Hi, i resently sold my Skaven army to pay rent lol... and now that i have a new good job, im looking to get into ogres, as i dont have the patients to paint another 150+ models ever again, i may never get back into skaven sadly, but anywho, i wasnt sure what board to put this in, but i figured this was the most suitable place....

How do you model // convert your ogres!?

do you keep them vanilla?
    do you try and base them around some common theme...

like here are the APPROPRIATE themes i created:
    -All have cloaks and elf ears (make them ranger ogres!)
    -Even though they have no consept of music, give all the ironguts some kind of guitar // chellow or whatnot, and musicians base drums, or carrying pianos that they smash with and whatnot... make them the rocking out ogres
    -A priest, a nun, and a ravi (spelling?) walk into a bar... this is about on par in my head with the rocking out ogres... with this idea, i would convert them all to either be nuns, priests, or ravi's and the gnoblers would be alter boys.... its a fun idea..

ways i have seen people convert their list:
    ive seen people convert them to look like dwarfs, like kislev, and a few others i forget.

so how do you guys do yours? or what would be a cool way of doing ogres?

i think this belongs in this forum so that it can get the most responses from all the ogre players. if you believe it should be in the converting // modelling forum, please move it for me.

2. Remove Advertisements

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    New Zealand
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

743 (x8)

Have you had a look in the ogre gallery? There'll be several ideas there.

Because of their size ogres are easy to convert but the best option is to choose a theme that you can carry across all the units with a minimum of conversion and tricky paint schemes.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

+ Reply to Thread